Pinnacle Pass Trail

calanta

Since I now reside in Greenville South Carolina I had to study up on the places before I moved here. I like random weekend trips and I am even known for going out of state for them but honestly, price of gas = shorter trips lately.

It is really not too long of a trip for me now but the first time I went I was slightly under the weather and it ended up taking more than twice as the normal time. I am thinking about going back in about two weeks, anyone ever been?

katharina

Since I now reside in Greenville South Carolina I had to study up on the places before I moved here. I like random weekend trips and I am even known for going out of state for them but honestly, price of gas = shorter trips lately.
I haven't been there... but we look for places like this, too. How far is it
from the I95 corridor? Is it a trail for only hiking? Horseback riding?

calanta

Depending on where you are coming from you could Google Jones Gap State Park and get better directions (esp. better than I am sure I could give). Another tip is to avoid once there, getting lost (we did this three times and got lost twice).

Most times we just did quick hikes or camping trips (weekends), but you could double check. I think at random times of the year the park has all types of things going on.

katharina

Another tip is to avoid once there, getting lost (we did this three times and got lost twice).
Thanks, calanta... if we could actually plan to avoid getting lost, a lot of our trips would be mega better. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t I'll tell ya, some towns are *designed* to have people going in circles, I think! hehe

kernow

Katharina you are right about shorter trips being necessary theses days due to the cost of fuel. It has made us visit places that we may have overlooked in the past and we have been pleasantly surprised!