Portable camping flush toilet?

enzo

This is something you use to relieve yourself while camping outdoors. I've seen some campers from another campground that uses a flush toilet and the thing is not really situated in the ground, it's a mini toilet that is convenient to carry and is compact. Should I buy one? If there's no toilet, where should be the right place to relieve our wastes?

happycamper

I have seen these toilets. I actually would like one. We go camping where this is a couple outhouses but I would much rather have something of our own.

firefly

I have never been to a camp site that didn`t have bathrooms of some kind. We have one of those portable flush toilets for our boat. They are really nice to have. When we bought the boat it already had it. I clean it out with bleach.

failghe

I have heard that instead of water to flush and wastes to clean out, you can use the toilet dry. Just put a plastic bag with some cat litter in it. When it needs to be "flushed" then throw the bag away and replace. Not sure which way is better. We just recently bought a small one and haven't tried it yet. We also bought a privacy porta-tent to use with it.

Barney

Very interesting "piece of equipment" :) I have never seen one before, but to me it seems as a little unnecessary. But I guess for more crowded area this can be handy.