Product Review: Burt's Bees Citrus & Ginger body bar

justontime

It sounds attractive, I like products that contain Ginger, but when I read the details and saw the price I was put off. I wouldn't pay that much for it.

kernow

It is too expensive for me, I must admit it sounds very nice, but I wouldn't be tempted at that price.

Taggart

I haven't seen that product before. My wife had some lip balm from Burt's Bees, but didn't like the taste of it. I'm using it and have no problem with it.

There's a Burt's Bees product display at Mark's Work Warehouse.

katharina

I haven't seen that product before. My wife had some lip balm from Burt's Bees, but didn't like the taste of it. I'm using it and have no problem with it.
I have the lip balm, too... it's not really the taste that I have a problem with as much as the fact that it doesn't seem to work well in the least for me.

katharina

The Burt's Bees Citrus and Ginger root body bar offers a unique shower experience, but is the price worth it?
For as long as a bar of soap actually lasts, I don't think $4.50 is unreasonable so yes I think it's worth it. I wouldn't pay the $8, but things like this always cost more in supermarkets.

2coastcamper

For as long as a bar of soap actually lasts, I don't think $4.50 is unreasonable so yes I think it's worth it. I wouldn't pay the $8, but things like this always cost more in supermarkets.
But that's $4.50 for the 4 oz. bar. There are 8 oz. bars of equal quality for $4. Sure, forking over a fiver isn't much ... it's just five bucks. But why not use that fiver for twice the amount of soap.

kernow

But a bar of soap doesn't last! This is a tiny bar anyway, but with any bar of soap it either goes mushy or hard and cracked before you get to use it all up. I agree with 2coastcamper, it is not good value.

HereToday

I love the smell of the Burt's Bees products, but I can't justify paying the enormous price.The only time I bought a Burt's Bees was when my husband's guitar-callous on his thumb split. It was a milk and honey type cream, smelled great, and over a couple week's application at night (It was way too creamy to use during the day) it healed it up. If you compared the price of the cream to the price of a dermatologist's visit and a prescription , it worked extremely well.

2coastcamper

I've been using KissMyFace soaps for a while now. They don't smell as rich as the Burt's Bees, but I LOVE the natural clean feeling you get after a shower with one. They sell for $2.99 for a 4 oz. bar and $3.99 for an 8 oz. bar. The 8 oz. is a pretty good deal.

Here's a link:
Olive Bar Soaps | Kiss My Face

You don't have to oder them online. They are in many stores nationwide (I've found them in both North Carolina and California and many places between). Take a look at the page, see what they look like, and then see if you spot them in your favorite store.

Oh, and I swear I'm not a KissMyFace rep. lol