Road trip.

Grandpa

Grandma and I just got back from a little road trip. We took our granddaughter and our great grandson to Colorado to visit our son and his family and also a grandson there. Nothing much outdoorsey on this one other than visiting 4 National parks.

Grand daughter was part of a recital where she played and sang an original composition on the guitar. We also attended a rockies/giants baseball game, wandered around Estes Park with a bunch of other lost look on their faces tourists, and in general, loafed and visited with the kids. With a very short visit to RMNP, we also stopped and viewed Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP, Mesa Verde NP, and Arches NP's.

It was snowing crossing two of Colorado's passes but the roads had not iced up yet, even though the temps were below freezing. After all that driving, we have to turn around and go back to Utah today for a grandsons high school graduation. Sure going to be good to just stay home for a day or two.

Cappy

Road trips are tons of fun and we do them alot. No plans no set schedule just roll. But one thing is for sure noone understands wanting quiet time at home with the misses like me. I get off the boat tomorrow and hope to not go furthert than the yard for a week, Can't wait for some down time.

ChadTower

It was snowing crossing two of Colorado's passes but the roads had not iced up yet, even though the temps were below freezing.

I'm glad that didn't turn into a Granpda Survival story. One quick weather turn there and you're in some serious trouble.

GA_gal

We had a bit of a road trip over this weekend. Ours involved moving a friend down from upstate though; don't think we had anywhere near the fun that it sounds like you guys had! I'd love to take a road trip out west one day and come back with tons of pics to share. =)