Saws?

Barney

This is a nice specimen. I haven't used it myself but I heard a lot about it. I think even nutnfancy uses one of these. Besides 15" I there is also 18" version.

Michael

I use a Coleman camping saw. It was about ten bucks, and it works great. It's a little time consuming to get through thick oak with it, but it powers through pine and other soft woods.

My brother carries a folding saw he picked up for about the same price from some place like Home Depot. The thing is a beast.

freedommachine

I always have a hand saw. I have one of those hatchets that have the saw in the handle, the saw is a little small but works great. Then like mentioned above I also have one of those coleman hand saws for like ten bucks. That little thing is a beast when it comes to cutting. I use it all the time for cutting tree limbs around my house as well. It is probably the best hand saw I have ever owned. I first bought it for going christams tree cutting, but on a 9 foot white firs loaded down with snow it was a little hard to use so I wiped the blade with motor oil and that got it going pretty good.

sticks

Señor Member
Since I have several I just carry a Corona Pruning Saw. I like the Sawvivor but just can't convince myself to buy one when I have 4 Coronas laying in my garage.

Hatchets are too heavy and too NOISY. Someone whacking on wood is something I don't want to hear when I backpack.