Spinach, fish, and tomato foil packs

Blueskyy

I made these in the oven, but I am sure that they would work just as well on the grill or over a campfire. They would probably be really good with some fresh caught fish!

TakeAHike

That looks absolutely amazing! I will definitely be giving them a try. I would probably use salmon as that is the house favorite. It looks really easy too which is a bonus.

mamabear

That does look very appetizing Bluesky. And it looks very simple. We have cooked fish on the grill but I haven't pouched it. I'm sure it would cut down on the cooking time and help to keep the juices in. Thanks for the recipe.

Cappy

Pouch cookin is great for coking in the camp fire coals, but for grill or bbq pit ya much better off using a 'boat' rather than a pouch. That way the food can pick up the smokey goodness of the smoky fire. wrapping fish is very good for cooking on bed of coals but it don't let the smoky flavor in. ya might as well have had it in an oven. next time ya grill instead of tightly wrapping in foil try mking a foil bot open on top. Much better flavor and smell when cooking.

SusieQ

Thanks for clarifying cappy! I don't use pouches too often and only when I'm tossing them on the campfire grate. We don't like salmon at our house so I would have to skip that! I would probably go with whatever we caught that day (trout usually).

dinosaur

troublemaker
Cappy, I close the top of the pouch but I punch a bunch of holes in the bottom sides and top.

Blueskyy

Good idea Cappy! Dinosaur, do you lose all of the juices through the holes when you do that? We have also made these with chicken breasts that we pounded out pretty thin and they were amazing!

L

Lenseagma

Really?? Ive never heard that about lasagne Very weird Maybe its to let the lasagne sheets soak up the moisture so they dont dry out during cooking??? The wholegrain lasagne sheets are really good, dont dry out at all