The Shoot The Bull Thread

oldsarge

I saw a woman texting and driving today. Pissed me off so much I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.
Sorry your beer missed her, if had known it was you, I wouldn't have performed that PIT maneuver on her.

Simplify

Since this thread is for general discussion I will state what I have been thinking about lately. I have been toying with the idea of moving back to New England. I moved to AZ 5 years ago. There is a lot to like about AZ but I really do miss the green and four seasons. Been e-mailing back and forth with some old friends about it.

jason

fear no beer
Fall has left the area an d summer is back again. Grrrrrrr. Think I will quit our fall clean up for a few days and wait on another front 87 with very high humidity sheesh fall some of yall dont get that in summer
It is back in the 80's here too. Wish the cooler weather would have stuck around longer.

jason

fear no beer
So started work on one of the two islands in my front yard. Found a yellow jacket nest in the ground. First one I have ever come across in Florida. My friend got stung in the hand. Sadly it is near some ferns and the weather has been dry. Sprayed the whole and put some traps up. Maybe next week I'll try to kill it with fire and then foam the whole to block it up. Hate dealing with them things.

Also loaded my brothers pick up truck with wood. Brush pile got bigger this weekend and with it being so windy we did not burn. Hopefully next weekend will be better to burn.

Cappy

I spiced up a family pack of chicken thighs, 4 links of jalapeno fresh sausage and a last minute slightly drunken addition of a pack of cheap weenies. We were surprise to see the weenies all went. We both had a lil too much fun with our first fall fire.

Roybrew

We went to Asheville NC yesterday poke around and catch the fall colors on the way over the Smokey's.
Of course you probably noticed the southern girl I married 32 years ago, that doesn't like to wear shoes. Actually she was slipping on the leaves with her shoes on.

Cappy

Peggy and I just spent some time wrapping 1 Reese cups, 1 kit kat, 2 smarties and 2 peanut butter taffies in lil saran wrap and tieing them with a ribbon. We made 30 lil bundles and have some loose. We usually average bout 25 kids so we will see how it goes. I plan to dress as a beer drinking Cajun and sit out and pass it out.:beer3:

ppine

Forester
Last night I put on my best cowboy clothes a buckskin shirt made in 1980 and Tom Mix felt hat and went to our local Safe Street Halloween celebration. It is a way for kids to trick or treat indoors and get a shot at winning a prize like a bicycle. I took the tickets at the end and had to inform the little dears dressed up as princesses, elephants, and Spider Man whether they had won or not. It is a lot of fun to tell a little kid that have won a prize and that they are special. It is a lot harder to tell them "Not today, sorry, Better luck next time." My cup is full after a night with the kids. Happy Halloween Everybody.

Cappy

Glad ya had a good time man.
we amde 30 lil packets and passed out 31. We had some loose candy reserved and hadda grab a hand full for the last kid. I took a few pictures of the cute kids and will try to get them posted later

Grandpa

Grandma and I got back from Colorado to daughters home in Utah just in time to man the door so daughter and hubby could take their little ones door to door. Now I've had my sugar allotment until T day.

Northern Dancer

...I don't know what we did right/wrong but we had 75 children - big and small clambering up the steps of the house. We went through boxes of mixed mini chocolate bars faster than a bear eating honey. Remember the ol' days when you got to Mrs. Peters's house as soon as you could to get that candy taffy apple or over to Mrs. Davenport's place to get the home made fudge? Oh, ya, don't forget Sandra's home baked cookies - that never made it home. And candy kisses - got tonnes of those suckers...err I mean candies.

Not like is use to be is it? :)

Cappy

We are now into the third day with our new Border Collie puppie Jolie(Cajun for pretty or cute) She is a joyous mischievous handfull. We were amazed that she learned to use the dog door the first day following our bratty Bichon Beaux through it. One bad habit we need to get her out of is she loves turning her water bowl over and frolicking in the puddle. but that can be stopped quickly. The problem is Peg now thinks we should go look for a kiddie pool since she likes water so much.

ppine

Forester
Cappy,
I am a huge fan of the black and whites. They are the best dogs around, but harder to train than some because they are always two steps ahead.

I call my girl, Ruby Begonia. She is having her third birthday on Sat so we are sharing a steak. Then she will officially become a dog and no longer a puppy.

Cappy

Good I may pick ya brain as Jolie grows. She already knows her name, comes when I whistle, sues the doggy door. Potty training is going well but she is very afraid of a leash. That will take time but I began teaching her today. As yall know its much easier for me to blog then post but I couldn't wait to show her off here is her first picture a real wallet keeper to me.DSC01469 (1280x721).jpg