The Shoot The Bull Thread

jason

fear no beer
So I started a weight loss contest this month at work. Been trying to find places to park at lunch and get in a mile or two at lunch. Usually don't get to any parks with hiking trails, but got to do one last week. Then took my dog sunday for an early morning walk through another local park, much wider trails.

Attachments

Northern Dancer

I was putting on the weight like the fatted cow and had to stop. Though I never actually joined I did embrace the practices of the Fit Father Project.

Roybrew

So I started a weight loss contest this month at work. Been trying to find places to park at lunch and get in a mile or two at lunch. Usually don't get to any parks with hiking trails, but got to do one last week. Then took my dog sunday for an early morning walk through another local park, much wider trails.
Love the sand and ferns! Lush looking area.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Roybrew

Never heard of that program. I like the See Food Diet. Eat all the food I see. Eh yep I'm trying to ease up on the food consumption also.
Glad to hear from both of you.
Roy

jason

fear no beer
Love the sand and ferns! Lush looking area.

They are nice. The first three pictures are from a park that is on a "river", or the start of it. I check the other side and will usually come across some moccasins there. Thankfully none too big and so far they have left me alone. So I didn't want to risk the walk with my dog in that park. But it does look so nice being so green. I'll have to try and get better pictures one day.

jason

fear no beer
I was putting on the weight like the fatted cow and had to stop. Though I never actually joined I did embrace the practices of the Fit Father Project.
I will have to look into it thank you. I seem to do better when I cut carbs, even though I love bread. Trying the 16-8 fast also. Wish the weight would come off like it went on however.

jason

fear no beer
Got the dog out for another walk in the park today. It was nice, barely anyone out there. Horse flies are still out in force however, and I forgot spray again. Got some more work done around the yard over the weekend and a good amount of sun based on how the shoulders feel. Getting ready to get out and do some more yard work. Doesn't seem to end. But we got our everglade tomatoes coming in good, blueberries and Brazilian cherries. The mulberry tree has slowed down some, and the avocado tree is holding a bit, but also dropping some when small.

Roybrew

I just planted a few maters. I don't have a garden, so I just stick a few plants in the yard. Air conditioner died of old age. It's an old natural gas chiller unit, so now having to convert to an electric air unit. We milk the old one out as long as we could. Glad the service installers showed up this morning. Getting warm here now, and mighty stuffy in the house.
Roy

Cappy

I am still kicking just not as high or hard:). Steady getting better slowly. I can do more and more and walk alot better. No cane to walk to the mail box anymore. Been able to push mow the yard but it takes 2 days. In the summer heat I think that is pretty good. The front yard is lots bigger but the back yard is tougher mowing. treees and garden boxes to mow around and citrus trees have thorns I am steady slowly loosing weight and finally can say got my type 2 diabetes under control at this rate by end of year I hope to be off meds completely. As I get up and around more I plan to do some fishing and stuff and I will let yall know. for now I am happy to be able to play a lil in the yard.

jason

fear no beer
Glad to see you are doing better also. Heat down here has been brutal the past week. Heat index over 106 every afternoon. Hope it isn't too bad up there for you.

Sorry about the A/C Roybrew. Glad you were able to get a new one quickly. Seems like everything around here is still backordered but it is getting better.

Cappy

hot and humid Jason bout like you maybe 5 degrees relative less but very hard on a chubby ole cajun feeling a bit better able to do a lil bit more but still got a ways to go I am trying to stay strong and loose weight but it is tough and takes will power trying but on a plateau now to break it I tried a fast day and will try it again tomorrow or the next day see if that starts the scale moving a bit more. as I can do a bit more that helps too.

Roybrew

Whew boy [emoji3062] sounds worse down your alls way. Air conditioner fixed. I had to replace the furnace also, so final cost $6,600. Ouch.

I know I dog the water quality on my local lakes and rivers, but I do enjoy being on them. We took the boat out weekend before last. I fished a little bit, and my wife well sort of slept IMG_20220611_141518_01~2.jpg I enjoy early morning fishing. We didn't get on the water till about 10am, little later then I like, so I fished a couple of hours and then we went to eat lunch. The restaurant had a boat dock, so we motored up and tied off to their dock. We both had the catfish lunch. I figured it was a little payback for not catching any. We enjoyed a few more hours checking out some shady quiet coves then went home. IMG_20220611_141352799~2.jpg I'm going to get out before daylight sometime this weekend and invite some crappie to lunch. A nice herbal rub and a hot oil bath... Yum.

Glad you doing better Cappy.
Roy

Roybrew

Not much by the way of camping on my end. Yard work, house and vehicle repairs. I don't normally camp when it gets this hot out. I've slowly been picking at shelves in the basement. Assessing what I need to throw out or keep and move into my shop. Shops done except a few more lights to put in, but that's no big deal.
IMG_20220627_194141606.jpg I have started on a couple of canoe paddles. I've watched several YouTube videos and read a lot of material and other people's post about doing it. Looks easy enough until I jumped in to it. I've read that paddle length is determined by your chin hight download (1)~2.jpg what about if you have one of those Jay Leno chins? Ha I'm a funny guy. Anyhow I got my paddle shafts glued and squared up to about 1 and 3/16 of an inch. My wood choices are a little on the heavy side, but they do match my canoe. Got lots to do, bigger job then I thought. I'll post as I progress.IMG_20220629_175927493~2.jpg
Roy

Roybrew

I got the grip, shaft and just finished glueing the blade together.IMG_20220630_183434224~2.jpgIMG_20220702_044657910~2.jpg I ran out of glue before I got the other paddle done. Whew boy, when I get done with these things, the police Dept may want one for a battering ram. They may end up just being wall art because of the weight.

I hope you all have a great 4th of July weekend. Be safe and don't blow any of your fingers off.
Roy

Roybrew

My paddle is under 3 pounds so far. IMG_20220708_183349820~2.jpg still got plenty of wood to remove and shape.

Took a nice morning paddle on a local creek. When the Tn Valley Authority fills the lake up to summer pool it makes some good creek paddling.IMG_20220704_082418854~2.jpg local inhabitant hanging out at the launch ramp.IMG_20220704_083324245_HDR~2.jpgIMG_20220704_084713451~2.jpgIMG_20220704_085040394~2.jpgIMG_20220704_085200526_HDR~2.jpg We saw several white egrets, blue herons, cow birds, red wig black birds and several others.IMG_20220704_090507905_HDR~2.jpgIMG_20220704_091558747_HDR~2.jpgIMG_20220704_090638040~2.jpg No shoes, just the way I like it.

I hope everyone well.
Roy

Roybrew

Shooweey! It sure be hot and sweaty [emoji3062] here in Tennessee. Feels like I'm just trying to hang on and not let time slip away to quickly. Got my maters coming in IMG_20220721_195000794~2.jpg Cherokee purple and my Celebrity IMG_20220721_195051170~2.jpg are starting to ripen. My Yellow Stripey are still green, but plumping up.
I'm still here riding out the heat, and thinking about fall camping.

jason

fear no beer
Not bad. The heat got to most of my veggies here. Still got some things going like Seminole pumpkins and sweet potatoes. In about two weeks I'll start some more seeds though.

I did put in for time off from work for a fall camping trip. Still debating on what bigger tent we will get.

Scallop "season" is here for my county, july 15-24th. Hearing it is hit or miss this year. Some saying less out there but bigger ones.