The Shoot The Bull Thread

Cappy

right you are friend last year had a bunch of insulation replaced some dry wall and kiltz painted on that corner. Now its even worse damage cause it was a big lot of water. I am in hopes that damage wasnt too bad since it was one soaking fast not like last year where it leaked for months fore we found it. That gave the mold time to spread. contractor coming in a few days and a minor inconvenience our stove was back ordered and the order to a different lowes. causing over a week delay it is supposed to be delivered today but you have heard me say that before. no stove for a country boy is no biggie, but kinda hot and humid to cook out side.

Cappy

I need to go finish cutting the yard, go to the store, etc etc but here I sit waiting on the stove delivery. Wife feels sick so I need to be here and not wringing wet with sweat when they get here

Roybrew

That stuff will wait, wife comes first. I noticed when we went to purchase a new dish washer, Lowe's doesn't keep appliances at their store. You have to have it delivered. What a world.

Slept a couple of hours this morning, and then hauled off 2 loads of brushIMG_20220819_113644874_MP.jpg glad that's done. The catalytic converter got delivered for Christine, but I'm to tired to fool with it today.

About 4 this morning, while I was at work, I thought I would take the canoe with me when I hauled off the brush. I thought I would stop at the river for a little paddling, eh well that didn't happen. Always make big plans when I'm wound up at work. Then I'm just to wiped out when I get home.
Roy

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Cappy

I too over plan I forget I aint young and energetic no mo. I sit dreaming of what I will be doing tomorrow wake up the next day and pray that I have strength to get up after several cups of coffee and once the dew dries I try to do, work hard as I can get drenched with sweat come in to take a break and have some water only to see I was at it for 20 minutes only. oh well I just keep plodding along barely getting a fraction of my plans done. Thats a typical day go for a paddle on the way home would be beyond me. God bless you for thinking of it. So I waited till 3pm for the stove called lowes after 3 tries holds and disconnects I finally heard from a robo-gal that the order was not ready yet expected date next Friday o_O:( oh well I have plenty gas for my camp stove and well know how to use it. It's hot and humid for cooking outside but that makes a cold beer taste better

Roybrew

It's got to be really hot and muggy where your at Cappy. When I'm off from work, like today, I get up and do what I need to, or want to, but when it hits noon I'm shot. I'm ready to call it quits for the day. The hotter and humid it is, the more I'm done early.

Replaced the catalytic converter on the car this morning IMG_20220820_071232612.jpgIMG_20220820_080437772.jpg I'm hoping this resolved the problems with Christine. My wife didn't like me calling the car that. Humph I hate that car.
Roy

Cappy

Yesterday we went for a grocery/supply run and I got a whole brisket for 2.60/lb. had the butcher take the thick roast end slice it into steaks and left the flat whole it is on the pit a smoking more on that later.

Roybrew

Oh Wow! All I had was a salad. Whaa. I think I smell it Cappy. Killing me, and I got to get ready for work. A Burger King burger [emoji488] just wouldn't do. [emoji22]

Roybrew

Still picking at my canoe paddles. My wife's paddle is ready for glassing the bladeIMG_20220706_171806741~2.jpg While sanding the shaft on mine, I found a few voids. My laminating job didn't turn out so well, so I thickened some epoxy and filled the void. I taped around the area to help with cleaning up the epoxy around the repair area.IMG_20220830_141223248~2.jpgIMG_20220828_134747857~2.jpg Maybe tomorrow. Oh I also started making a couple of seat backs for the canoe. IMG_20220828_134925183~2.jpg It's a work in progress. Hoping to have paddles and seat backs done in time for camping trip, in a couple of weeks.[emoji1696]
Roy

Roybrew

Hello everyone. Not cooling off here much, but there is fall in the air. I glassed my paddle blades IMG_20220904_153927970~2.jpg I used 4oz fiberglass, but I should've used a 2oz or so. But sometimes ya use what ya got. IMG_20220906_192456990~2.jpg here they are after the 2nd fill coat. They are ready to sand, always lots of sanding [emoji30] ugh. Then I am ready for a good couple of coats of polyurethane. Next ones I make will be lighter, I've learned a few things [emoji362].

My sister picked me up on her way to visit our Mom, and said she was going to stop and give blood. Ok I'm good with that, it's been awhile since I opened a vien. They gave us these cool and nifty dry bags IMG_20220905_110514_01.jpg Great deal!

Till next time, y'all take care.
Roy

Roybrew

I never did finish my seat back rests. I've got one almost weavedIMG_20220914_180712707~2.jpgIMG_20220914_181555247~2.jpg it helps to have a little belly to hold them when weaving. I'll take them with me, and maybe finish one of them while sitting around a campfire.
Roy

Roybrew

Thank you Cappy. I always enjoy this, Shoot The Bull Thread, I like doing just that and to say hay to everyone. I hope you and the missus doing well.

Cappy

In a time of little to be happy about yesterday was a good day. We finally got a new stove in the hose its good to look at the hole in the kitchen and see shiny sitting there. took 2 trips to the hard ware store. stove in the suv needed a neighbors help and a dolly to get it into the kitchen when unboxed it barely fit in the door .......NO cord. :mad: back across the river through the woods to the hardware got there as they were locking up got the right cord at least and drove home easy install with a 1/4" nut driver got it wired in and covered back slid it in place and it worked!! 3 weeks no stove tried to get one from lowes delivered and got the run around big time, Got POed went to the big hardware picked out the stove and said we will take this one. DONE the ole country boy way brought home un boxed wiggled through the door with nary a scratch wired it up and slid it in and 5 minutes later pork chops were a frying! Very happy day. the mitigation people tore the house apart and got the magic phone call and email to get the ball rolling on the rebuild. sorry but I hadda tell some one I am struggling to loose weight and still slowly improving being able to do that yesterday was truly miraculous.

Roybrew

Glad you got the new stove, Cappy. Sounds like you had a rough run around with it. Glad your trimming some weight off, and feeling better. What's the work on getting your water damage repaired? Looks like you got lucky and missed this hurricane Cappy.

I guess you weathered thru ok? Jason. Look like most of Florida got hit pretty hard.

We are just getting the clouds from it this afternoon. Sunset under the clouds makes for a nice picture.View attachment 3636View attachment 3641

I've spent most of the week repairing a leaky roof. Luckily it was leaking on the porch, so I didn't have any interior damage. View attachment 3637View attachment 3642 I had to replace part of the sheeting and a truss.View attachment 3639 View attachment 3643I've never worked with flashing on a roof before, it was a learning experience. I just finished the face board and gutter this afternoon. Just before all this rain we are expecting.View attachment 3640 View attachment 3644It cost me about a hundred bucks in materials. I do what I can to save $$$. With all the car repairs, dish washer and new heat and air system, it has been an expensive year.

Camping in 3 weeks yahoo! I'm looking forward to it. My brother and I load the boat down with everything we can squeeze on it, and find an island to camp on. It's great. We cook over the fire, and sometimes char stuff beyond recognition, we cook anything we can catch or bring.

I hope all is well.
Roy

Last edited:

jason

fear no beer
I guess you weathered thru ok? Jason. Look like most of Florida got hit pretty hard.
Yeah, lots of wind, a little rain. Wife's Aunt is down in Venice, who made out pretty good. Manufactured home, and guess a pipe or something went through the siding, but otherwise house is fine. She was in SC for it, so she got the storm up there. Hopefully the last storm for the year.

jason

fear no beer
In a time of little to be happy about yesterday was a good day. We finally got a new stove in the hose its good to look at the hole in the kitchen and see shiny sitting there. took 2 trips to the hard ware store. stove in the suv needed a neighbors help and a dolly to get it into the kitchen when unboxed it barely fit in the door .......NO cord. :mad: back across the river through the woods to the hardware got there as they were locking up got the right cord at least and drove home easy install with a 1/4" nut driver got it wired in and covered back slid it in place and it worked!! 3 weeks no stove tried to get one from lowes delivered and got the run around big time, Got POed went to the big hardware picked out the stove and said we will take this one. DONE the ole country boy way brought home un boxed wiggled through the door with nary a scratch wired it up and slid it in and 5 minutes later pork chops were a frying! Very happy day. the mitigation people tore the house apart and got the magic phone call and email to get the ball rolling on the rebuild. sorry but I hadda tell some one I am struggling to loose weight and still slowly improving being able to do that yesterday was truly miraculous.
Mmmmm..... Pork chops. Thats what we had Friday night. Glad to see you were able to get it in and working.

Roybrew

This is great fall weather in this area. 40s at night and mid 70s during the day. Was going camping next week with my brother, but he fell and hurt his shoulder. So we will have to go another time.

Took the little canoe out Friday morning. It was nice and cool when I got home from work, so I loaded it up and took off.
the water was very clear.

The fish must've recognized me, so I went home empty handed.

Roy