Toilet paper for camping

Blueskyy

This was a cool idea I saw on Pinterest about a way to store your toilet paper for camping. I always save the coffee canisters when I am done with them, but I wouldn't have thought of this.

Directions:
Toilet paper dispenser. Use an old coffee can or other plastic container as a toilet paper dispenser. Make a slit in the container to pull the toilet paper from. Make a handle out of twine.

Attachments

Last edited:

carmen

That works great and is much better than running back and forth to deal with it. At dark seems to me the worst for us second only to when the kids and grand-kids come around to play the TP hiding game.

Pathfinder1

Hi...

I suposed that if I googled it, I could find some BROWN toilet paper (save the puns, please!). I wouldn't be surprised if even camo was available.

White Tail deer are so named for good reason. The last thing I would want to do is show toilet paper in the woods that could be "mistaken" for a deer...and, believe me, it happens. Some hunters are just trigger happy.

frank6160

I like the idea but with that it could get wet. I just keep mine in the container and take the roll out when I need to use it.

CaverGroupie

Oh, I think this is genius. One of the main problems I have with rolls of TP is that they get smushed flat, and then the tube slides out, and then it's just a wad. Okay, putting it in a round container seems obvious now, but I hadn't thought of it yet!

TakeAHike

That is a great idea and I wish I had thought of it before we went on our 2 week trip last month. Our TP roll got smashed flat and it was damp too. This would have been the perfect way to keep it intact. I don't drink canister coffee so I will have to ask the family to save one for me.

Blueskyy

Glad that you guys liked it and I am definitely going to have to get some of the camo toilet paper as a gag gift for my husband this Christmas. That is awesome!

Newanderthal

Here's my way
step 1: place roll in a large ziploc bag
step 2: lay bag on its side
step 3: step on bag to flatten roll
step 4: seal bag

Grandpa

Grandma will like this idea. I do similar to New. I always have a partial roll in my hip pocket in a ziplock when hiking and another in my pack. On a long trip I may take two partial rolls in my pack.

Reed

It does seem kind of obvious. Round toilet paper in a round container. I wouldn't even bother with the slit on the top though, that would be an invitation for bugs to get in.

onlightgear

The metal container just adds weight and for me its a luxury not suitable for camping. Just having the toilet paper in a plastic food bag does the job. After all its just toilet paper.