What Gear Did You Buy?

Northern Dancer

It's the middle of May in what I call "Gear Fever" season. I'm scouting the outdoor stores exploring possibilities and rationalizing what I really need to buy. Does anyone else have this annual springtime illness?

The first thing I noticed this year was the ridiculous prices for many items that I personally feel are a bit silly. I get a feeling that the economy can't be all that bad if people have money to buy this stuff. Did you know camping equipment in the United States amounted to 3.7 Billion dollars in 2021?

So...what did I purchase? To date one sleeping mat because it was on sale. [That's my rationalization.]

I bought this Relefree single sleeping Pad with a built-in foot pump as a secondary pad. I've tested it and was happy with the product.

Roybrew

Oh boy! I thought you were done with air mattresses? Ya know, in the middle of the night pffft and then your laying on the hard ground. Just poking fun at ya.

I haven't purchased any out door gear this spring. Unless I can count canoe plans that I purchased?
Roy

Roybrew

I just purchased a new saw .IMG_20240207_160045579.jpg
I have a Sven saw, and it does pretty good, but it takes a few minutes to put together. This Lagom folds like a pocket knife.IMG_20240207_160235994.jpg
I'll post how it does when I go camping.
Roy

Northern Dancer

I just purchased a new saw .View attachment 4333
I have a Sven saw, and it does pretty good, but it takes a few minutes to put together. This Lagom folds like a pocket knife.View attachment 4334
I'll post how it does when I go camping.
Roy
-----> You know something? I [I know it may be hard to believe.] don't have one of these. I've looked at them but haven't bought one...yet. I would be interested to hear about your experience.

And while I'm looking at your presentation my attention also notes some interesting teapots? The paper holder looks like something that may come from another era? It looks like a valued collection.

ppine

Forester
Small Kodiak canvas tent, 5x8 or so.
Kodiak 30 degree sleeping bag. My down bag will fit inside it.