What is your E.D.C.

freedommachine

The E.D.C. stands for everyday carry. I live in the mountains of the pacific northwest so there is always tons of room to hike. Since somtimes I go hiking with out proir planning I always have a few things with me where ever I go in case I decide to park the jeep and go hiking. So everyday if I go any place I carry this stuff. My wallets is a large biker wallet with a chain. So on the front of my wallet chain I have a mini gerber multi-tool that hangs from a small caribiner. In my wallet I carry a book of matches,5 bandaids,5 safetypins,a mirror, a plastic 2x3 card with duct tape,electrical tape and some strong cord wrapped around it. In my pockets I carry a lighter, my gerber paraframe knife, a kubaton pen, and a small thing of hand sanitizer. On my wrist I wear a 550 cord bracelete. On my keys I have a small led flashlight. That what I wear and carry everday in case I decide to suddenly go hiking or anything that might require some survival stuff.I dont belive it is a complete survival kit, but more than nothing. I would like to add a way to purify water easier. If I go out I always take a metal water bottle. I could always boil water in it if it came down to it.I try to keep my list down since I carry this stuff 365 days a year.So what do any of you do any edc survival gear of any kind?

Last edited:

oldsarge

Living and working in the far south suburbs of Chicago, I don't find myself in the woods too much unless it's what I choose. Then I will prepare for it accordingly. As far as EDC item's goes, Mine is pretty simple. I have a Cold Steel El Hombre in a plain blade and an CRKT M16 10KZ on me at all times. My key ring has a small LED light also. My cell phone is with me most of the time. Other than that I'm pretty much set for my daily routines.

Michael

adhesive bandages
safety pins
p38 can opener
emergency whistle
fero rod
bic lighter
chapstick
Victorinox Trailmaster
either a Kershaw Zing or an Ontario RAT 1, depending on my mood
Rock River 1AA LED light
cell phone

My bag has many more items in it. I just don't carry it every day.

dinosaur

troublemaker
My carry is very similar to Michael's. My Victorinox is the basic Swiss Army Knife. My duty knife is a CRKT M16. I don't carry a whistle but I'm way out in the country so I carry a .45ACP and two extra magazines.

Michael

On the plus side, a 45 can definitely be used for auditory signaling. You just have to be sure you're not aiming toward the people you need to rescue you...

freedommachine

A empty .45 cal shell can be used as a ear protection for various things. Just stuff it in your ear as you would a ear plug. If your out and get an ear infection, a .45 cal. shell can work to protect your ear from cold weather,wind etc. Or even if you choose to wear ear plugs for sound,once again 2 .45 shells can work as hearing protection. Yes there is better things than stuffing shells in you ear, but they can work. And the other thing they can work for is if you r a stuck and freezing somwhere, you can stick them in your ear to trap your body heat. But remember dont hike with things in your ear, you might not realize you are making your body over heat even in the cold.

Lamebeaver

Depends,

I went out on a well-known trail the other day with a trekking pole and a canteen.

Usually have a basic first aid kit, compass, small knife, lighter, rain/wind coat and pants and toilet paper in addition to above.

3ofusnow

Heehee...I saw EDC and I thought you meant gun. My EDC carry weapon is a 4th generation Glock 36 (I've got two kids I don't plan to mess around). As too other stuff I carry: pocket knife, matches, lighter, anti-bacterial wipes, bandaids, sewing kit...other stuff varies depending on where I am going. Oh, I also carry two extra magazines for the Glock on my belt or in my purse.

chuck66

Traveling
Heehee...I saw EDC and I thought you meant gun. My EDC carry weapon is a 4th generation Glock 36 (I've got two kids I don't plan to mess around).
I've got kids too, and always feel a need for at least a twelve gauge to keep them in check. :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Seriously though, I thought the same thing. My EDC is a GLOCK 26. Can't go wrong with the GLOCK. I also always have at least one folding knife, a 2AA River Rock LED light, a monkey fist, good sunglasses and my cell phone go wherever I go. Otherwise I load out accordingly by activity.

Last edited:

Blueskyy

I'm a Glock gal myself Chuck66. Thout I was a Ruger chick till I fired a few Glocks though. I never leave home without it. I also always have at least one knife, a flashlight, a couple of ways to start a fire, a whistle, and a mini first aid kit wrapped in 550 cord.

Newanderthal

Dangling from my belt loop is a Leatherman Skeletool CX. Been carrying it for a couple years now (outdoors and work) and it's never let me down.

Joe S.

My fly rods and my fishing vest are always at the ready. I don't go anywhere without them. I too live the Pacific Northwest, so opportunities abound.

wvbreamfisherman

Never been a big Glock fan myself. The grip doesn't fit my hand at all and I don't like the idea of the only safety on the weapon being on the trigger. On the other hand, I know a lot of people that like them and shoot them well.

I personally carry a .45 Govt Model, or .357 Ruger Security-Six with a 4 inch barrel, or an antique S&W Military and Police .38 spl with a 4 inch barrel. The S&W is a better handling weapon , but the sights absolutely suck.

Grandpa

My right hand lost a battle with a band saw. Glocks are great but my Springfield XD fits my hand just a tiny bit better. The XD is a .357 Sig. An awesome caliber for an auto. The XD also has two safeties. The trigger lock is on the trigger and the sear lock is in the grip. In carry mode, double safeties but as soon as you wrap your hand around the grip the sear lock is off and finger on trigger releases the trigger lock.

catspa

I favor revolvers myself, having grown up on them, and the Security Six is about the strongest 357 I've ever had (3 of them actually, at different times). But I sold my last one to my buddy and now he likes it too much to sell it back. Darnit!

So now I carry a SAA or a J-frame with a 3" barrel instead, depending if I'm in the country or city.

Parker