When is fishing the best where you live?

Lucy

We can fish year round where I live, though winter can be a little touch and go. Some of the biggest fish are caught in the winter, though. When is fishing the best where you live?

danny28

The best fishing here is in the spring. Its the best for me anyway. I'm using dieing to get out there and fish again so it seems to be the best. I'm not one for ice fishing.

Gabbie

Fishing is good here year round too. It can get a bit chilly in the winter but we don't have to deal with the snow, etc. and it will usually warm back up somewhat so you can fish.

Susie

Some of the best salmon fishing for land locked sockeye salmon is right now here in the mountain lakes near my house. I'll be going tomorrow!

jason

fear no beer
Whenever I can get out is the best fishing for me. You can usually find something here around the year. I tend to go fresh during the winter, but I may try some saltwater flats.

LovingNature

We fish all year long here in Florida. :) Fishing is always good but chilly in the winter time. But at least we can go if we want to and not have to worry about dealing with snow and ice.

wvbreamfisherman

My favorite time to fish is spring when the bluegill are spawning, and you can catch them til your arm is too tired to cast. Crappie are also spawning them, so between the two, you can always catch a nice mess of fish.

My second favorite time is...anytime I can! ;-)

dinosaur

troublemaker
My Daddy taught me that the single best day for fishing is Mother's Day. The reason is simple; because you can't go.

AlwaysOutdoors

We can fish all year long here in Florida. It does get cold in the winter time but at least it doesn't stay that way all winter.

EddieK47

Old Yankee
I love fishing anytime but like late winter,early spring walleye fishing here.Wandering the hills looking small brooks for native brook trout(char) is also tops on my list.

ppine

Forester
In No Nevada and NE California now is excellent. May is the prime month after ice out. October through freeze up is the next best time for trout, kokanee, and salmon which are cold water fisheries.

For warm water species like bass, catfish, and panfish the warmer months are best.