Who's Up For The North Pole?

Reed

If you had the chance, you you trek to the north pole just to say you did? I think those would be some pretty awesome bragging rights to say that you hiked to the top of the world.

Grandpa

That would be an awesome trek for sure, but I don't go anywhere just to say I've been there. I would, however, go just to see what's to be seen, do what has to be done and experience the whole experience.

Pathfinder1

Hi...

I've been in the village of North Pole, Alaska. The winter temperature there rarely goes past 60-below zero F.

Untold numbers of parents send Christmas cards there for re-mailing to their children. Hey...how often does a child get a Christmas card from the North Pole...and signed by Santa Clause...??

campclose

Oh heck yeah! I would love to go to the North Pole. My kids used to ask me all the time when they were little if we could go there on vacation. My brother was stationed pretty close to that area when he was in the Army in Alaska.

ppine

Forester
Not if you paid me to go. I have no interest in bragging rights. The Arctic is a polar desert with terrible weather, no land mass and little wildlife. Cold drudgery is not appealing.

I applied for a job as a meterological tech at McMurdo Station in the Antarctic in 1970, but I was a lot younger then.

cabinfever

Nope. Nuh-uh. No way.

Too dang cold! I love being outside in spring, summer and fall. Winter is my time to hibernate, just like a bear. The only real exception is to go ice fishing, but we use nice, warm fishing shacks for that.

bsmit212

Only if I can borrow the truck used in the BBC Top Gear special. Then I might be up for a ride, but would still be an intense trip.