Un-floating paddles

Red-Blooded

I have a funny for you guys and gals. My cousin wanted to go out this week and fish, we were paddling along and he loses a paddle AND IT SINKS. You ever see a paddle sink? Me neither. He turns to me and says, as serious as all get out, "You ever see and un-floatin' paddle"? I couldn't help but crack up. Newest hillbilly word- un-floatin... when a paddle don't float. :tinysmile_hmm_t:

hummingbird

We are hillbillies too so yup, there's such a word as un-floatin'! :) There are a lot of hillbilly-isms that we use in our household. How about using "fair to middlin'" when asked how you are? It's a hillbilly-ism we use at our house.

Ava

Don't you just love those moments?! It's those type of words that stick with famillies and friends for a life time. Next time ask him 'will the canoe sink'?!

4x4

This is too funny guy! We all talk something like that but mostly it is ain't and gots and things which end in ING are now IN when said.

Outdoormom

This is a funny story. I would have lost it if I saw the paddle sink to begin with. I love those hillbilly moments. They happen at our house all the time. What outdoors person isn't a hillbilly? lol

homegrown

This is a funny story. I would have lost it if I saw the paddle sink to begin with. I love those hillbilly moments. They happen at our house all the time. What outdoors person isn't a hillbilly? lol
That is what I was just thinking. We all have a little bit of hillbilly blood in us somewhere along the way. It is all good in the end. Outdoor fun!

Red-Blooded

LOL for sure. He says goofy stuff like that all the time but this is the first time I have ever heard anyone say un-floatin. It is nice to have comical people around.

outdoorgirl

Nice story. I would have been in tears. I probably would have had to jump out of the boat. It reminds me of something Larry the cable guy would say..lol