Spear Hunting

Barney

Have you heard or have any footage of spear hunting? I think this is insane, but apparently there are people who do this all the time.

4x4

Spear hunting for what exactly? We used to spear hunt for pig and it wasn't easy and was pretty dangerous. I don't think there are any other animals that I would trust to spear hunt.

Cooper

I have heard of pig hunting with spear. Actually this is very common in some countries, but I can't remember which exactly. Deer spear hunting is also popular, but I think you have to be trained very much to do that.

Barney

Spear hunting for what exactly? We used to spear hunt for pig and it wasn't easy and was pretty dangerous. I don't think there are any other animals that I would trust to spear hunt.
Can you share some more information about spear hunting for pigs? What are the tactics and the equipment? I was great with javelin during my athletics, it may well paid off here. :)

Bushman

I don't know much about spear hunting, but I go spear fishing all the time.

Sure there are probably safer ways to hunt, but that's probably how they had to do it, back in the day. So obviously its not impossible, maybe we have just gotten soft.

jason

fear no beer
Have you heard or have any footage of spear hunting? I think this is insane, but apparently there are people who do this all the time.
Want to hear something even more insane. I heard of people hunting for boar with knives. What they do is use dogs to track and corner the boar, then they some how manage to get it on its back and cut it open from leg to leg.