1Lb bottle refills

Roybrew

I remember you posting a picture of that stove. It had those cast iron looking burner racks above the burners. Do to the weight of that thing, you could probably get more then 45 bucks for it at a metal scrap yard.[emoji1]

It's 46 degrees this morning. 2 weeks till camping. I reserved a spot on an island. Cost a whole 5 bucks a night. We're going upscale this time, it has an outhouse. Now that's living high cotton.

Yankee?? I ain't heard that in long time.

Roybrew

I just got my 20# propane can filled. I was thinking about filling a couple of small 1 pound cans with it, but I chickened out. Don't know if I trust it.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Northern Dancer

Personally? Considering the cost? For safety and ease of mind, I go new. For me, a couple of cents in savings is not worth it. I do have a 10 - pound tank I use frequently. Easy to carry and has enough fuel for a week-long canoe trip and more. Just saying.

To purchase a small 1 pounder in this neck of the woods now costs about $6.00. If I get two of them it costs $12.00. To get my 10-pound tank filled the cost is less than $10.00 and of course, the tank is refillable.

ppine

Forester
I still use the one pound green tanks because they are portable for boat trips and light truck camping.

Thomas H

Bibsoutdoors
I picked this system up along with 4 - 1lbs bottles. It has worked extremely well for me. I honestly couldn't tell you how many times I've refilled those canisters. But like some of you I have gone with the hose adapter for most of my propane needs and switched over to either 11 pound or 20 pound tanks. I still use the 1 pounders for times when all I care to do is heat up some water with the pocket rocket.

Attachments

Roybrew

Fancy set-up Thomas. I read that you should weigh the 1 pound cans first to make sure you don't exceed the 1 pound that you put in them. That sounds confusing.

Well, here it be February and I thought I'd try to fill one. I turned my 20 pound tank upside down. Weighed one of my little empty green cans. The first one I tried to fill wouldn't take any gas, so I used a pair of needle nose pliers to pull up the little valve thingy, to release pressure in the little can. The valve wouldn't seal shut after that. The 2nd bottle I attempted did very well. I got almost a pound in it. IMG_20220212_200106514~2.jpgIMG_20220212_200110398~2.jpg I opened the windows in my shop cause it got a little stinky. I don't want anything going BLEWY! Like my air compressor did last year.

I does work, but I'm uncomfortable doing it.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk