Anastasia State Park, St. Augustine, FL

katharina

Has anyone here been to Anastasia State Park in St. Augustine, Florida? We drove there for lunch the last time we were visiting and I wasn't too impressed.

BUT we weren't camping at the time. They seem to have many campsites available and it appeared to be quiet and beautiful in that area.

Any stories to tell me whether that's true or not?

jason

fear no beer
I will have to ask my brother. I think he might have went over there. I will be in St. Augustine in August, but we will not be camping.

On a side note, and a little off topic. But have you gone on the ghost tours there? I haven't been there since I was maybe 10 or 11 and am looking forward to spending a few days there. I was thinking the ghost tour would be interesting.

katharina

On a side note, and a little off topic. But have you gone on the ghost tours there? I haven't been there since I was maybe 10 or 11 and am looking forward to spending a few days there. I was thinking the ghost tour would be interesting.
We haven't been on a ghost tour yet although we've been there numerous times... they originate on St. George Street. The walking ones, that is... there's also a haunted pirate ship cruise at nighttime and that sounds fun, too.

Lucky you going in August! We'll be heading down in March and that's way too long because I miss it so much.

If you need food recommendations, the hot sausage sandwichs at Borillos are wonderful (and my daughter loved their calzones)... and the takeout buffet at New Century buffet. And Sonny's BBQ. :tinysmile_hmm_t:

Okay, you only asked about ghost tours, but I could go on and ON about St. Augustine because we love it enough to make a 2000 mile round-trip road trip there as often as possible. The trunk's never big enough for everything I want to buy on St. George Street. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

katharina

I will have to look into the ghost ship. I will be going to Amore Wedding Chapel and the Raintree Seafood and Stakehouse. I just hope both of them are good. Other then that I haven't got a clue yet what we are going to do. I would love to hear some suggestions.
I haven't dined at Raintree but I've seen some good reviews on it. We always look online for the "best of St. Augustine" list they do annually. Best seafood, best burgers, best buffet, best bakery (German chocolate brownie at the Bunnery on St. George Street is to die for!), etc.

Don't forget your drink at the Fountain of Youth. I've had many drinks there over the years and I look like I'm 11 now. hehehehe :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Buster

I definitely second the Raintree recommendation. Columbis is a good choise as well, but don't the local seafood joints. St Augustine has its own cuisine - Minorcan. The food in that town is fantastic. I was also always a fan of O'Steens.

As for Anastasia, that was my beach when I was younger. We used to drive on it, but I don't think you can do that anymore.

katharina

I definitely second the Raintree recommendation. Columbis is a good choise as well, but don't the local seafood joints. St Augustine has its own cuisine - Minorcan. The food in that town is fantastic. I was also always a fan of O'Steens.
O'Steens... hmmm... for as many times as I've been there, that's a restaurant I haven't heard of! What's the cuisine specialty?

One of my favorite "quick light lunch" places is no longer there... it was St. George Eatery. I'm not sure if it was the food or the ambiance (we ate outside with a view of the Castillo de San Marcos!) but my chicken salad on pretzel bun was delicious.

I think I could eat cardboard in that town and love it, though. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t