Buying useless gizmos...

Northern Dancer

I'm getting itchy feet waiting for the first spring flowers, the camp shows. equipment sales and making reservations for summertime and all that kind of stuff. So why do I keep buying ridiculous camp gizmos and gadgets that are as useless as dead frogs? There is probably a name for this kind of pre-spring behaviour.

My lastest percument.
[Thinking I'll use it at the next youth camp.]
This is a two-foot-tall large hurricane lantern.
It has flickering lights with a dimmer switch and runs on three C batteries.

Does anyone else out there have these urges to buy useless items?

Roybrew

I bought one of the kerosene hurricane lamps like that. I wouldn't really call it useless, well maybe it is once I think about it. It was cheap and I keep kerosene on hand because I have a couple Aladdin oil lamps in the house. I burn my 1940s oil lamps most mornings when I'm off from work. Didn't work last night and I awoke at 4 this morning. Drinking coffee at table burning my lamp.

Northern Dancer

I bought one of the kerosene hurricane lamps like that. I wouldn't really call it useless, well maybe it is once I think about it. It was cheap and I keep kerosene on hand because I have a couple Aladdin oil lamps in the house. I burn my 1940s oil lamps most mornings when I'm off from work. Didn't work last night and I awoke at 4 this morning. Drinking coffee at table burning my lamp.
----> I bet it's not two feet tall.

jason

fear no beer
I love those lamps. I have about 5 that I have gotten for a few dollars at yard sales. Mind are nothing as fancy or big however. Thankfully I really haven't had to use them that much as when the power goes out here it is usually during the day and only for a few hours.

I've bought a ton of stuff in the past, but I haven't really bought anything in a couple of years now. However, it doesn't stop people buying stuff for my birthday or Christmas.

Northern Dancer

...everywhere there are unscrupulous and devious people plotting and planning various schemes to confront me with useless gizmos and gadgets to entice me to spend my bucks. And I do. :Frown2: