Cabella's Ultimate Alaknack Tent

oldmangunner

While I was browsing on Cabella's website (because of the sale) I saw my dream tent. This thing is awesome. It is made so you can even have a little stove in it! It is Cabella's Ultimate Alaknack Tent.

hippieP

If I had something like that I might never come home. I am okay with outdoor plumbing as long as I have my supplies, I could rough it!

sailorman

Dude, I could live in that tent. I looked it up and there are three sizes. They are from $719.99 up to $1169.99 and look like they are on sale right now. I wish I had that kind of money right now!

CozInCowtown

I have an Alaknak II, it is an awesome tent.
The only problem I have is the stove is too small, you can't get enough wood in it to last all night. Requires a "refill" every 2 hours or so.
Get the vestebule, it is well worth the $$ for the aditional room.
DC

oldmangunner

I have a question. Does the stove come with the tent or is that something you have to buy separately. Could you buy a bigger stove to replace the small one with?

limbs

I can see how that would be a problem. I suppose the small stove would work. Those tents seem to be pretty big and I would think you would have enough people to schedule a wood rotation so one person isn't getting up every 2 hours.

jason

fear no beer
I think I could get the wife camping in that. But I sure would hate having to set it up and carry it. Would be a drive up to camp site tent I think.