Camping Plans 2015

fireman

Who here has started planning trips for 2015? Most people seem to be staying in lately with the cold weather so I figure someone has to start planning already.

ppine

Forester
I am still planning trips for 2014. Next is a fishing trip to Lake Davis for the fall rainbow bite. I start planning 2015 around New Year's.

Grandpa

Major trip planning is under way. Looks like our scouts want to backpack into the Bighorn Crags of the Frank Church wilderness so those plans are underway. Friends coming from back east for a spring trip into the Grand Gulch of So. Utah starting to take shape. Daughters family and I are planning a High Uintas backpack with her two babes. They will be 1 1/2 and 2 1/2. Mom and Dad will each carry a kid with baby stuff and their older son and I will split up their bags and tent. Grand daughter and my great grandson are planning a Sawtooth adventure. He will be just shy of 3. They are strong enough to take care of themselves so I just have to worry about me. Should be a good summer if I can get in shape for it.

Denni2

We are planning a trip to Fort Collins, CO next summer. We want to do some hiking. We will also be visiting our neice. Hoping we can get her to do some hiking with us, she isn't into camping so we will see. I am excited to see some real mountains.

Grandpa

We are planning a trip to Fort Collins, CO next summer. We want to do some hiking. We will also be visiting our neice. Hoping we can get her to do some hiking with us, she isn't into camping so we will see. I am excited to see some real mountains.[/QUOTE
Some nice day hikes in the Red Feather Lakes area. Don't try Long's Peak until late in your trip when you are more acclimated. (Or any of the high altitude hikes) I'd suggest a nice road trip through Rocky Mountain NP and stopping often and getting out to walk to the near sites to aid in adjusting to the altitude. The scenery and wildlife up there is awesome.

Cappy

We think we may go camping for thanksgiving, we definitely plan to go somewhere for Christmas just aint decided where yet and may not have a for sure destination when we pull out, just a string of possibilities and see how far we can go and stay out of the heavy snow. Other than that we have packed up one day and left the next With very little plans other than the destination in mind. It's just us and the dog and das how we roll.:Yo:

vinovampire

We've got a few things on the list. We're going to do at least one more backcountry overnight during 2014, right around the Winter solstice. Our big plan for 2015 is to do a thru hike of the Vermont Long Trail, which is a 272 mile trail that runs the length of the state. I've done the entire thing in few big section hikes, but it will be nice to walk and camp the entire thing over the course of about a month.

I hope "most people" start staying home in my area, so I can enjoy the peace and quiet. There are plenty of folks outside right now with good weather and the start to youth hunting weekend. :)

Denni2

Thanks for the advice Grandpa. We are in the process of looking for a campground. We are not fans of KOA's and the resort type of campgrounds, but that may be our only option. So many campgrounds won't take tents. We looked at a couple of campgrounds we have ruled out because of altitude. We recently returned from the Sandia mountains and got a feel of the altitude. Unfortunately we could only stay 2-1/2 days. We are looking forward to seeing Rocky Mountian National Park.