Cold/Flu Season

CatsEye

Hands up, who besides me has a horrible cold? Ah HA! I knew I caught it from you, Dinosaur!! I would give it back, but I can't seem to pull the ahem...discharge.... from my nose long enough to mail it to you. I'm miserable!

hummingbird

It was me, CatsEye! I have it too. It's not a good idea to share coffee cups, even virtually, when you're sick. I don't like having a cold. The allergens are all gone from my area of the country so I can't blame allergies this time. Drat!

alex k

oil of eucalipitus , on a bandanna or tissue , will clear the head and nose . just breath it in .
8oz hot water , 1 cap full cider vinager and 1 tsp honey . mix and drink 2-3 tomes a day will kick it out .
no colds in many years using this ....

WillaMarie

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that has had a horrible cold the past couple of weeks. That concoction you have there looks interesting Alex. I'll have to try that one.

alex k

i think the wet summer has not helped . lots of molds growing in th e woods .
i spend a lot of work hours outdoors and the hone/ vinager drink has helped me year round with allergy and cold prevention ..........

calanta

Is it spreading via the net? Are you the gang that got me sick? Seriously I have been hacking my head off for a few days now and I swear I just want to go hide under a blanket to ride this evil out.

candycane

I just took my nighttime sinus medication and as soon as I finish posting here and checking facebook one last time, I'm heading off to bed. I'm not feeling so great, and I have to be at my church tomorrow at 7 AM to decorate for my friend's wedding! I'm exhausted and I feel like I have cotton all stuffed up inside my forehead. Give me strength to get through tomorrow!

oldsarge

I know a lot of people don't agree with the use of products like AirBorne and EmerganC. But I find that they do help me. If I feel a cold coming on, I start slamming EmerganC. I haven't had a major cold in years. Once you get a cold, taking these products won't help any of the symptoms, so you may as well just ride it out or start taking your antihistamines. I also Coldeez lozenges with magnesium and zinc. I swear by the stuff.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Hands up, who besides me has a horrible cold? Ah HA! I knew I caught it from you, Dinosaur!!
Sorry to disappoint but I'm not sick. I have been known, however, to stress women out to the point where their resistance is lowered and they can catch a cold by using an elevator.

ejdixon

oil of eucalipitus , on a bandanna or tissue , will clear the head and nose . just breath it in .
8oz hot water , 1 cap full cider vinager and 1 tsp honey . mix and drink 2-3 tomes a day will kick it out .
no colds in many years using this ....
I think I'm gonna try this out starting tomorrow. My head feels like it's filled with more stuffing than a teddy bear's.

carmen

Me, me, me! I have been fighting this one for a while now but I think thats what I get when I have had a long run of not being sick. Right now I have ton of work to do and no real motivation to do it, or anything but sleep.

Grandpa

Right now I have ton of work to do and no real motivation to do it, or anything but sleep.
Yeah and whats that got to do with the flu season?:tinysmile_twink_t2: I'm that way all the time. Sorry Carmen, couldn't resist.

We buy a box of Oranges every fall and eat a couple a day. I don't know if it helps, but haven't had a cold in a long time.