Condor Bushlore knife

EmberMike

I've been looking for a new bushcraft knife and I came across the Condor brand recently. I know they make pretty good axes, and the reviews I've found online regarding their knives are generally positive.

Anyone use one of these knives and have any thoughts on it?

Cappy

Decent lookin knife I like the blade shape and think it would be good at skinning aswell as game and all around cooking food prep. Fish cleaning ok but would be tricky not impossible to fellet with it. I refuse to believe that guy carved that spoon with only that blade though.

Gondor

I don't like the bevel on it. A friend of mine had a bad experience with it. It's too thick at the edge because the final bevel start very low.

Johnny

I like scandy grind knives and this one is a real beauty! The price is what brings me down every time, but I know that you can't have supreme quality without it.

EmberMike

Ended up picking one up on Amazon for $30. I think the sheath alone is worth at least $20, so all-in-all I feel like this knife is a good deal for the price.

It does come a little underwhelming in terms of fit and finish, between that flat gray finish they put on the blade and the hastily finished handle (mine had some tool marks on it), but an hour of sanding and polishing and a little work on the stone brings out a fine looking knife with a good edge. Threw a little boiled linseed oil on the handle and that gave it a nice deep color.

I could probably spend some more time really working the blade to a nice smooth finish, but for a bushcraft knife that I'm going to beat up, it doesn't need it.

If I was hoping for a perfect knife out of the box, I wouldn't have gotten this one. I read enough about it to know I was getting something that needed some work. But I enjoy doing this kind of stuff, so for $30 I still regard this knife as a bargain.

oldsarge

Looks great, and a good price too! I'd say you got a good deal. Let us know how it work out for you.