Did anyone get.....

Jade

Did anyone get any gear for the Holiday Season this year?

I got a new pair of Merino wool socks to wear hiking; regular wool causes a nasty skin reaction in me, merino seems to be soft enough not to cause that problem.

Thelosthiker

I finally got the flashlight that i've been looking at for quite some time now!! It's huge!! the fenix ld40, compared to my ld20 r4, oh yeah, big size difference! I do have small hands though.
started collecting flashlights ever since I went into a cave with maglites. Never going to buy those again!

Amelie

I got a silk balaclava and I love it - it's natural, soft and comfortable. It also means that I can add layers without things feeling too bulky around my head and neck.

Frederico

Yes - 3 pieces of underwear ! Well, 3 base layers - a tee shirt, a pair of boxer shorts and a pair of "long johns" - all made of merino wool which "breathes" and also absorbs moisture.

Jobiwan

My wife, bless her, re out fitted all my gear. Most of the clothing is by EMS.
She got me the following:
Backpack- EMS Trail 70
Boots- Merrell Outland Mids
Snowshoes- Tubbs Venture 30
Baselayer- EMS Techwick Heavyweight
Midlayer- EMS Atlas fleece
Shell- EMS Formula
I was able to go out for one night so far and all the gear worked great (not enough snow for the snowshoes yet so they stayed home). The temps got down to about 5 degrees F with a windchill less than zero. Not once did I get chilled. :tinysmile_grin_t:

Rider One

Not this year. This was the year of electronics and kitchen gizmos, likes a Presto pizza cooker and a digital mini camcorder. There's always my birthday when it comes up!

Refrigerator

Rider One it sounds good and I bet you are having fun with your new Gadgets and like you said.....there is always a Birthday...I love your attitude....very positive.

dinosaur

troublemaker
You know, it's funny but no one gave me anything for getting by in the wilds. It's what I do. All I got was cookies and dried sausage and booze. I'm pretty sure the reason for this is that those who know me also know that I don't need anything to help me. I like things that travel well with me.

God bless all those who tried to give me something I needed. And God bless all of you.

Jade

Dinosaur, you are so humble....

I give you the wish for good health, good food, good times, and much laughter; nothing else matters without those things, anyways. :)