Do You Bring Booze on your Backpacking Trips?

ppine

Forester
Lately I have been drinking Old Forester.
On raft trips we have beer in a cooler and some wine for dinner.
Last trip out, the Chef made ice for the bourbon with dry ice. Fabulous

briansnat

Platnium Member
I nearly always bring beer, a can or two per night. Something that tastes good warm. Dales Pale Ale is a favorite camping beer. Sometimes a half pint of Bushmills or Jameson in a flask. Occasionally red wine. It goes in a spring water bottle because it doesn't impart any taste, is light weight and crush-able when finished.

dinosaur

troublemaker
A flask of brandy (which can be used to disinfect wounds) and a bota filled with wine. A little wine will help you sleep and, no, I don't worry about sleeping too deeply. I also bring a German Shepherd. He's a wounded veteran in Afghanistan. I adopted him. His handler was killed by an IED. The dog's name is "Gunny". He's a sweetheart but very protective.

Cappy

need less to say yes I bring booze mostly beer. Now adays we camp n or lil 18 ft camper and rest assured it is stocked with all the Cajun necessities. Beer and a jug of early times and a qt of shine.

Newanderthal

Everclear. Burns great in my alcohol stove, can be used to clean wounds, and when mixed with water and Gatorade powder it makes "Riot Punch".

Cappy

Well hello Stranger!! Good to see ya. I agree ever clear is a great thing when roughing it. pour some in a can packed with cotton or tissue paper and make a sterno burner. Alos a spoon in ya coffee will help warm ya up.

joevogel

I always bring a flask of barrel aged gin. If you are lucky you can camp near a stream and tie you flask off in leave it in the stream to cool it. :Thumbsup:

ppine

Forester
In the younger days we drank everything and lots of it. A little THC or some mild mushrooms can be very interesting in the wilds. Now I carry a little bourbon for snake bite. On river trips, some cold beer is very welcome.

wildnfree

I often bring a can of beer if go camping or hiking in just one day with my friends, but never take booze or any kind of alcohol. Anyway, wine is good for cleaning wound in case of emergencies.

Cappy

Part of my fall preparation for our camping season is tanking up a few fifths of my favorite whisky I keep scattered around.

ppine

Forester
Just returned from a backpacking trip in the local Sierras. My hiking partner of 30 years and I both left the alcohol at home without talking about it first. We had some legal CBD and a little THC. It fit the quiet scene perfectly with no one around.

Wed night at 0300 a loud pack of screaming coyotes went by close to camp. My dog was on alert but did not make a sound. At 0600 a large old red fir crashed to the ground that was audible for miles. After we broke camp we hiked through some dense stands of old lodgepole pine and red fire. We discovered some fresh bear scat full of gooseberries around 400 yards from camp.

Happy Joe

Apprenntice Geezer
Haven't been 'packing in years; used to bring a pint or half pint of Cactus Juice occasionally.
Saved the whisky for serous drinkin'..
Now I just bring some MGD when Jeep camping... turning into a tiny load as I get older.

Enjoy!

ppine

Forester
Last trip out in August my long time hiking partner and I both left the booze at home without talking about it first. I had some CBD each evening which was very relaxing. A little THC can be welcome if it is in small doses and not too strong. I really do not like edibles at all. Legal weed has changed my drinking habits somewhat.