Do you take your own toilet paper camping?

Ilovelife

I have a friend who always takes his own toilet paper camping (at campgrounds). I never thought about doing that, seems like a waste of space. Still, do you take your own?

AlwaysOutdoors

Well we usually toss a roll or two in with the packing when we go. Just never know when you might need it. Sometimes the campgrounds will be out or have some really cheap stuff that we don't like.

Qweetzy

Oh yes. My tender little tushy can't do without it's Charmin. LOL Seriously, the wife can't stand the toilet paper they usually have at the toilets when we camp in the campground. She says she'd rather use maple leaves. LOL

wvbreamfisherman

I always have a roll under the seat of the truck, and a couple in the camp gear. After having to use my underwear once (long, kinda nasty, yet funny story) I decided better safe than sorry!

Grandpa

I am constantly replacing half a roll in the house with full rolls, just for camping. Squashed, the half roll is just right for a sandwich bag. One or two in my pack and one in my back pocket. Left overs go in the glove compartments. I also do not like the "rambo" toilet paper provided in some areas.

oldsarge

Like American Express...never leave home without it! In a "pinch" I can do with what ever, "butt" I prefer to have my own brand.

sailorman

Nice idea!

I am constantly replacing half a roll in the house with full rolls, just for camping. Squashed, the half roll is just right for a sandwich bag. One or two in my pack and one in my back pocket. Left overs go in the glove compartments. I also do not like the "rambo" toilet paper provided in some areas.
I was thinking about the space issue too, but this is the perfect issue. A squashed half roll wouldn't take up much space but would still be handy to have!

rockin

Of course I do.... You never know if the campground bathroom will have toilet paper! We take napkins, paper towels and toilet paper. It does not take up much room at all.

Greatoutdoors

Oh, yes. We actually always have at least a piece of a roll in the car anyway, but when we go camping I pack a roll or two in with the gear.

rockytibby

I am very germaphobic so I dont like to touch rolls of paper that a number of people have handled. So yes I bring my own paper, plus on long camping trips I mostly use wet wipes it makes me feel cleaner.

Newanderthal

seems like a waste of space.
When you're squatting behind a tree because the burrito you ate for breakfast didn't agree with you, you'll be of a different opinion.

Yank out the cardboard tube from the center and flatten the TP then shove it in a Ziploc bag to keep it dry. Takes up the same space as a pair of long socks.

I keep a roll in the pack and another in the truck. If you get in a bind, the alternative is ripping apart your underwear and wiping with that.

ejdixon

Yup, I do. You never know when you need one. :) That's, of course, when I'm on my own or with my friends. But when I'm with my girlfriend, it's that plus baby wipes, plus facial tissue. Hopefully, she doesn't get to read this post. :)

Refrigerator

This is exactly what I do.

Mary Beth

I usually keep one roll of toilet paper, in my car, just in case. So, when I go camping, I have that roll ready to be used.

freedommachine

I always take baby wipes, I normally car camp, but alot of the places I go don't even have bathrooms. So needless to say no provided bathroom, no provided tp. The baby wipes are also good in case there is a bathroom with no soap or even running water.

outdoorchick

We take toilet paper with us everywhere so I definitely have some when we go camping. There is a roll in each glove compartment, the BOB's and backpacks, and the diaper bags. Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

oldsarge

"Butt" the real question is....is it single or two ply? Name brand or generic? After 11 years in the infantry using MRE toilet paper, which is barely enough to wipe the ass on a Keebler elf. I go with the good stuff...good old emery cloth...what else would an infantry NCO use? Whoooa!