easy set up canopy

Rosie

I want to get one of those ez up canopies. They have them at a local liquidation store for 200.00 but that seems kind of high. Has anyone bought one? How much did you pay? Do they last?

Grandpa

I have a 10x10 ez-up. Sure didn't pay that much but ours is several years old. We detected a flaw in the top cover, notified them and they sent a new cover. That was several years ago. We put the new one away, waiting for the old one to finish ripping but it never has. So the company is great with fixes. However, the unit is not that easy to set up. Doable, but I've seen others that seem to work a little better. However, sure can't complain about the quality. We sometimes leave ours up a month at a time in the back yard and have been doing that for several years. Ours has also been transported to a lot of baseball/softball games.

It also has been blown across a 40 acre field out back and still works.

Last edited:

Pathfinder1

Hi...

It took my eyeballs a couple of seconds to see the decimal point in your figure...!!

The Sportsman's Guide frequently has them listed. Check out their web site.

Don't know about the prices, but they usually aren't cheap.

Grandpa

After my earlier post, I saw one advertized for 30 % off @ $184 or somewhere around there but knew nothing about the seller. I avoid online business unless I have heard good things about them.

Rain

We bought a canopy last year and I paid $149 as part of a year end clearance. It definitely needs two people to set it up but it is not complicated. It is a really good quality and I expect that we will have it for a very long time.

pastywhite

Grand Poobah
The 10x10s are about $200. You can maybe find one on clearance a little less somewhere. I have a Coleman and I could set it up by myself if I had to but it is much easier with another person. They are awesome though and we use it all the time.

Eaglescout 49

I bought an EZ-Up 10x10 Sierra II last year for $60 on close-out at K-Mart. It took two of us to set it up on its first campout, but after getting back home, I took it in the backyard and experimented with it. I can now set it up solo. It's a nice canopy. Amazon sells it for $100.