Electric or Shift?

campclose

My friend wants to buy a 4-wheeler for her son. He is 12 but lives in town. Our 4-wheelers here are all shift gear ones but she is looking into an electric one. I've never seen an electric one. I guess there are no gears at all.

Anyone know anything about these?

2beoutdoors

We only have the shift gear ones too. I have seen the others though. They look more easy to ride, no shifting required. Maybe they would be better for kids just learning.

Abbey

I had an automatic at one time and I liked the ease of it, but on the other hand I think there is something to be said for kids learning how to shift. A 12 year old would be able to get the hang of it pretty quickly, I would think, and it would be beneficial for him to know how down the road. Teach them when they're young, I say. As time goes by it becomes harder to teach an old dog new tricks...as in my case, lol.

4x4

I think that it is best for children to learn to drive a standard shift to begin with. There are already too many who do not know how to drive standard shifts as it is. It is always best to learn standard then automatic in my opinion, in vehicles as well.