First aid kits

Jade

We have one that is specific to camping, because of what's in it: it's Murphy's Law that if you prepare for the worst, it never comes.....

So what is that you keep in the kit you take with you?

John13np

I keep a survival kit with me. Weighs a little more, but I think it's worth it. Especially since my last name is Murphy :D

JDSport

I always have a first aid kit with me no matter where I am. Their is one in both my vehicles and in our camping gear. My wife also carries one she has put together herself in her purse.

Thelosthiker

that's a very interesting saying...
I always keep a handy dandy first aid kit with me when I'm hiking and camping. Everything from band-aids to surgical pads (and it doesn't seem weigh me down). Some people don't feel the need to carry any thing more than a few band-aids when they go hiking. You never know what can happen. But I'd rather be prepared than to have nothing and suffer the consequences when you get injured.

Joe S.

I bought a good little kit that was quite complete. I added extra bandage tape,some aspirin, a preparation for bee stings and insect bites, and an antibiotic cream.

jason

fear no beer
Band-aids, bandage tap, aspirin, burn cream, and a few other things. Really does not weight much, and I would rather carry the extra weight then not have something.

Erwin

I also always take a first aid kit with me, just like others have stated, because you never know what you will run into or have happen when out on the trails or outdoors in general.

mccallum

Mine is my old EMT jump kit. Always in my car; so it is with us not matter what. Lets just say I am over prep'd and have a few things I can no longer legally use!

Barney

When I initially started creating my first aid kit it contained totally unnecessary items in it and one of the experienced campers called it the "worst aid kit". :D