First Snow!

sailorman

It is January 12th and we have had our first snow. It wasn't much of a snow, but it was enough to title it our first snow. I feel blessed by our short winter, at the same time I am excited about getting out in the snow!

oldsarge

Got ours today also (Chicago area), Not happy to see it, don't want it!

I need to move.........somewhere along the equator.

Grandpa

We had our first and second snow in September, 3rd and 4th in October and nothing since. Instead of 5 ft on the level, there is a dusting on the mountains from 8000 ft up. Instead of snow causing a late start to the backpacking last year, we'll probably get a quick finish due to level 3 fire shutdowns this year.

Barney

Sometimes even that little snow can make a difference in the mood of people who like it. I don't like mild winters and right now I hoping for some more snow since ours was pretty much like yours.

Lorax

Hard to believe we've just had our first also. Not much but it was almost a welcome break because I have a lot of outside work this year. We really could use the snowpack for the great lakes though.

Pathfinder1

Hi...

Had a mini-blizzard here this ayem...but only about an inch ot two of snow. We haven't had any snow stick to the ground in over two months...!!

I never minded the snow, but once I get on the road, there's not a lot I can say about some of those drivers. Especially during slippery road conditions.

Even in good weather, car crashes happen almost every day in my county. Kinds makes one think about Ma Deuce again.