Free diving or scuba diving

Wild Bill

I am a fan of both free diving or diving without an oxygen tank and scuba diving, but for some things I feel free diving is better, like spearfishing. Of course you can spearfish with a scuba tank, but in my opinion it takes away from the sport of it.

jason

fear no beer
I want to learn scuba diving. I just wish I had the time and money. I've read a few magazines and have some friends that do it. Where do you dive at?

Wild Bill

Well I live inland, but when I get a chance during the summer I like to go down to Florida or the Virgin Islands. It feels so good because the water is all nice and warm, I feel like I could stay down there forever.

Foytey

Wow that sounds awesome, didn't realize that I could go spear fishing, that's sick! I look forward to planning a trip down to warmer climates.

WaterBaby

I can't SCUBA or free dive, unfortunately, because my ears seem to have no ability to equalize. :( I really wish I could find some way of fixing the problem, because it really holds me back from doing a lot of things I'd like to do. Snorkeling is about it for me, for now.