Grand Canyon

Hunter

I know it may not be at the top of the list for everyone as the place most wanted to go to; but I have always thought I would love to go hiking and camping in the Grand Canyon. Has anyone here done either or both? I would love to hear your stories.

Foytey

Yeah it seems that the Grand Canyon has been a tourist-y spot but just for looking at and maybe not as much experiencing it though.

HikerChick

I have been to the Grand Canyon, though did not have the fortune of hiking it. It is very toursit-y and this has become an even bigger factor with the new glass-floor balcony they have there that allows you to walk out over the canyon and lool straight down into it. I want to go and walk on the balcony so bad! I'd hike it to, next chance I get. :)

firefly

I have always wanted to go there. My hubby has been there years ago. I saw an episode of the Brady Bunch when they went there, lol. I have a video of the Grand Canyon too. It`s pretty awesome.

failghe

I have flew over it heading to Vegas. We also rented a car a drove out there for the day to the rim. It is a loooong drive to do in only one day, but there was so much I wanted to do as I don't gamble. If I were to go back I would try to spend a couple of days or a week so we could hike, or ride the mules and camp at the bottom.

Trekker

I went once a looooooong time ago when I was just a little kid. I really want to go back, because I can hardly remember anything from the trip. I'm planning a trip to Los Angeles soon, so perhaps a road trip is in order. :)

Christie

This is something that I have always wanted to do, but a friend once told me that to hike to the bottom takes several days. I don't think I would be bold enough to try and do this without a guide or group.

Has anyone ever hiked all the way down?

Frap

We are planning to visit within the next 3 years. Our goal is to spend 2 weeks camping in the area and hiking, taking a mule packing trip as well as the skylight and other tour options they offer. I think it will be "grand" indeed.

4x4

Going there as soon as we have the funding to do so. It's a vacation I've planned since I was a small child. I think there is nothing more exciting than the natural wonders of the world and outdoor arts. I do not know that I will have time for a hike though.

hummingbird

I would love to go! I want to ride the mule to the bottom. I think that would be so much fun. I love to ride anyway and I think this would be right up my alley!