Greetings from Italy

MaxV

Hi everyone,
I'm delighted to have the chance to learn about and from this community!
I live in Italy, camper since I was a toddler. After a few years sparing and building up a family, business and many other things we are ready to restart. Family of four, the kids are 6 and 4 and full of entusiasm. There is also a cat, who doesn't travel, and a dog, friendly companion of many on the road trips.
We are tent campers although we are looking for a small caravan to buy within 1 or 2 years, in order to afford fall camping and some wintery weekends as well.
We love outdoors in every form, I started a small beekeeping company a few years ago which is now full time managed by my wife, loved fishing, hiking, canoeing, you name it, we'll try it.
We camp mixing the outdoor experience with the opportunity to visit some historical site across europe, old castles, museums and so on. Next big trip is going to be Provence, probably fall 2022 and get lost somewhere in the Alps during next summer.

Give a shout if cross the pond.

Max

Northern Dancer

Greetings from Canada! [Though this is an American Site]. Everyone I know who has visited your beautiful country has raged about the historical sites and places to visit. I don't think anyone has ever talked about camping. Looking forward to hearing more about your family adventures.

MaxV

I lived in Iqaluit for six months back in 2009, left a lot of good friends there. Camping here is usually done in Camping sites where you have to pay (can be of any kind tough, even super wild) especially if you go with families. There is a bit more freedom with vans and campervans. Camping is tollerated if only overnight during hiking and anyway away from turistic places or cities.

Inviato dal mio 5048Y_EEA utilizzando Tapatalk

Northern Dancer

I lived in Iqaluit for six months back in 2009, left a lot of good friends there. Camping here is usually done in Camping sites where you have to pay (can be of any kind tough, even super wild) especially if you go with families. There is a bit more freedom with vans and campervans. Camping is tollerated if only overnight during hiking and anyway away from turistic places or cities.

Inviato dal mio 5048Y_EEA utilizzando Tapatalk
-----> As you might appreciate camping/canoeing is very much different in this country from what you may experience. For one thing, there is an abundance of land and open land known as Crown Land - where there is no charge. We have a strong Provincial and National Park system and a hiking/camping/canoeing trail that is the longest on the planet. The same can be said for the United States as well.

But no matter where you are, camping is camping, and each area brings its own challenges and rewards.

Roybrew

Hello Max. Italy!? Cool. I'm always curious of what is in other parts of the world.
Welcome from the south eastern part of the US.
Roy

Cappy

Thanks for your service sarge thought about you this veterans day. Welcome Max camping is camping the world over only real difference is the view. We look forwards to your stories and if you look there is lots of ours here