Grilled corn

Abbey

We made this on the grill a few weeks ago and it is now a cook out staple for our family. I usually have compound butter on hand in the freezer so you need to start with that. I make mine with unsalted, room temperature butter and whatever fresh herbs I have on hand at the time (basil, parsley, and chives is a good combination.) Finely chop the herbs and mix them into the butter. Season with salt and pepper and put the butter on some wax paper. Roll it into a log and wrap it up and it will keep in the freezer for quite some time (I would think probably 6 months.) When you're ready to grill corn just put some some thick slices of the butter log onto shucked corn and roll up in foil. Then cook it however you normally grill your corn. Personally, I love it when the corn gets slightly charred and carmelized. The butter melts and the herbs get in between the kernals - very tasty :)

Trekker

That does sound excellent! Thank you for this idea; I'm definitely going to have to try it with the family on our last summer trip before school starts.

rvmom

I have heard of this so many time but I have never tried it. I always forget. It sounds so good. We love corn on the cob. I`ve got to remember the next time we grill to grab some corn lol. I was just at the store today and saw some too. Darn it.

Camoguy

That sounds like something I'd like. I'm a big corn and REAL butter guy anyway. I'll have to get some corn the next time I'm out at my uncle's farm. Corn is good-mmmmm!

2beoutdoors

Could you do this with leaving the husks on? I cook my corn with the husks on still when I grill or cook it on the campfire. I'm wondering if you could pull down the husks, rub it on, pull up the husks and grill it?

It sounds very good by the way!

Paige

I wouldn't see why you couldn't leave the husks on. I think it's more about the flavor of the butter than the way you cook it. It sounds very delicious anyway you decide to cook it.

Abbey

2beoutdoors, I think leaving the husks on would work just fine. Paige is right - it's about getting the butter and herbs melted into the corn so the husks would serve the same purpose as the foil.

Ted

We actually use this trick for baked potatoes too. We try different herbs to try different flavors occasionally. When we're tired of everything else we do the different herb butter trick.