Happy New Year

Roybrew

Started out 2018 with 0°F. May this year be better, not that last year was bad, I always try to be optimistic.

May your camp bed always be warm and bug free.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cappy

28°

Feels like 14°

Clear

Wind 22mph N
Humidity 53%
Pressure 30.6"
Visibility 10mi

pretty cold here too for the new year may ya all have a most blessed year.

ppine

Forester
Mild in the West. We were out with a fire and a sweat lodge last night and it was grand.
Feliz Ano Nuevo mis amigos.

Grandpa

22 this morning, 27 now, overcast but the weather guessers are claiming not much moisture in the clouds. We could use 4 or 5 feet of snow around here.

Roybrew

I drug my 30 gal. bait tank in the basement to keep it from freezing up. My wife made me feel guilty for using live minnows for bait... ha. Hook em through the lip and drop em down! Yanking time, as soon as it warms up to at least 30°.

jason

fear no beer
43°
CLOUDY
feels like 35°
H 49° / L 41°

Looks like rain tonight/tomorrow morning. Thursday the low may be 31! Haven't seen that cold in years.

ppine

Forester
I had relatives in Rogersville in the mid 1800s unitl they moved West, ending up in Washington State by 1889.

Roybrew

43°
CLOUDY
feels like 35°
H 49° / L 41°

Looks like rain tonight/tomorrow morning. Thursday the low may be 31! Haven't seen that cold in years.
I remember going to Florida in February to visit my parents. We left Tennessee it was 20° some out and flurries, we got just south of Tampa and it was in mid 40's. It was miserably cold! It felt colder than it did when we left home. Must be the humidity there or something.

Roybrew

I had relatives in Rogersville in the mid 1800s unitl they moved West, ending up in Washington State by 1889.
That's interesting, I wonder if any of their children came back years later. Lots of people here left around the 30's and went to other states for jobs. Some came back years later, I guess like the book and movie "The Grapes of Wrath".

Roybrew

I prefer using shiners for crappie too.
Dad used to meet me at the lake in the mornings when I got off from work, and he would stop and pick up the minnows on his way. We normally used small or medium size. He showed up one morning with 3 inch long shiners. I was speechless. I thought "wow dad is on to something, and has figured out the secret to catching huge crappie". I was stoked and ready to go. I think we caught one fish before noon, it was maybe an 8 inch long crappie and I don't see how it ever got that huge shiner in its mouth. That was the only fish all day.