Hello...I am attempting to do this camping thing in a popup

Mom24

Okay..so im a single mom that wants to do and give as much to her boys as possible to enrich their lives..it's very expensive to travel..so I bought an old 93 popup...in good condition but the power..watts..gauge of wire and extension cord I need is a bit confusing...I do have a converter in the power cord...I guess that makes 15A...plugged just a norm ext cord into it and house but with the A/C and lights in camper..it kept surging..someone said I have to buy a 30A cord..but someone else said no..goodness...what do I need?
And I'll take any additional tips of using a popup..camping in one..anything..always willing to learn..want to make the best of this..thanks in advance y'all!

frank6160

You for sure need a cord that will handle the load. Visit or call a camper dealer and ask. The AC alone will draw at least 20 amps.

MacGyver

Sometimes it's hard to diagnose electrical problems even when you're right in front of the problem - even more so in print. I'm not sure what you mean by having a converter in the power cord. The only converters I ever had in my campers were 120 AC to 12 VDC and your A/C certainly isn't running on that. Any chance you can post a picture or two of what you've looking at?

Grandpa

These guys are much better suited to answer your questions than I but I do want to jump in here and congratulate and thank you for being a great parent to your boys.

SharBear

Okay..so im a single mom that wants to do and give as much to her boys as possible to enrich their lives..it's very expensive to travel..so I bought an old 93 popup...in good condition but the power..watts..gauge of wire and extension cord I need is a bit confusing...I do have a converter in the power cord...I guess that makes 15A...plugged just a norm ext cord into it and house but with the A/C and lights in camper..it kept surging..someone said I have to buy a 30A cord..but someone else said no..goodness...what do I need?
And I'll take any additional tips of using a popup..camping in one..anything..always willing to learn..want to make the best of this..thanks in advance y'all!
I'm so glad you are exposing you boy to camping life and the great outdoors. They will thank you for it when they grow up.