Hiking naked?

skybear

I came across the concept but you had to be over 18 to enter (which I am!) but was afraid of the kind of spam those sites bring. Is it for real or am I just dumb and it's code for something? :tinysmile_hmm_t:

dinosaur

troublemaker
That's probably all they need but I'd sure like to have the concession for mosquito repellant.

Qweetzy

I certainly wouldn't do it. Can you imagine the places you would be scratched by brush? It has to be painful and I'm just not into pain at all. I would rather avoid pain than to cause it myself! :)

ppine

Forester
America still has a Puritan hangover. Nudity in most places outside of N Amer is no big deal. I mentioned hiking sans clothing on another thread and was surprised at the comments. Don't knock if if you haven't tried it. It is a way to peel another layer of cilvilization so to speak. Aboriginal peoples still get by with very little clothing in moderate climates. It is no big deal to stay away from brush, etc. Sunburn can be a problem though.

Last edited:

skybear

I'm thinking being short I might end up getting scratched in the wrong places. Thanks for answering-I didn't even know it was for real. I still have no desire to see pictures of it though.

MountainMan22

I wouldn't understand the point of doing that kind of hike at all. Maybe if it was a singles thing where they were looking to get laid or something like that, but otherwise it just seems weird. If I'm out in the woods, I'd want clothing on for sure. I don't want a mosquito landing on my privates.

Dusty

Usually the advice for night hiking includes bringing a flashlight. In the case of naked night hiking, I think I would rather leave the flashlights behind!

Judy Ann

If I were hiking alone in the woods and saw a man naked I would not give him the benefit of the doubt in an initial reflexive response as I would be getting ready to protect myself! This has nothing to do with Puritan beliefs, but common sense.

When I swim in the ocean, lakes and rivers sans clothing, it is usually in a very primitive setting and at night..I don't want to scare anyone! ;-)

jason

fear no beer
You know, there is a good chance I would try it. Not that anyone would want to see me naked, let along hiking through the woods naked. The term Sasquatch comes to mind.

pastywhite

Grand Poobah
There is tradition among AT through-hikers of hiking naked on the Summer Solstice.

I tried it once around camp (not really hiking) and it just felt strange.

Pathfinder1

I may or may not trek very far,
when all around me nude people are..,.!!

Some years ago I was expected to attend a meeting at a certain address. When I got to what I thought was the correct address, I noticed through the windows that nobody had any clothes on.

So, naturally I knocked on the door, and was promptly admitted. I was the only clothed person there.

I asked if this was the address I was given, and was told it was. Then I asked if a meeting was to be held there.

Again, I was told that it was, but the meeting was moved to a nearby ski resort. The get-together at the house was a nude birthday party...!!

CozInCowtown

***Important Safety Note***
If your naked a$$ comes around my wife or children while on a hike plan on walking back to you vehicle/civilization with a bullet hole in your body somewhere important.
Thank you for your understanding.
DC

Judy Ann

Coz,

Please get yourself under control.
He is under control. Nothing threatens his wife and daughter!!! I have to admit if it weren't for him and a few others here I would not be as prepared for "adverse conditions" on the trail as I am and would not be having half as much fun.

The best defense is a good offense! Running around naked where others may not be expecting it is asking for trouble in more ways than one. Don't mess with Texas or any other Southern states. Our men folk may not be as open minded as others! ;-)

Last edited: