How can I Store the camping gear?

Elizbeth

Do you camping when you guys save your camping staff? If you put it all in a tub or you have a special place for it. I started collecting camping stuff, but right now her kinda

Northern Dancer

2774It's a good question actually. For me? I have designated a basement room in my residence for equipment that needs to be sheltered from the elements. My canoe is on a rack over a shed outside that also has things like poles, pegs and other paraganglia that can survive outside temperatures. In the furnace room, there are places to hang wet tents and store sleeping bags rather than rolling them up. There are shelves clearly marked in the room and there are cases to house small items that I tend to misplace. A few years ago I drew up a comprehensive equipment list which has been really helpful in keeping me organized. All essential pieces of equipment such as tents, tables, stoves and the like are dated and I often give them away at the end of five years - usually to scout groups.

I'd gladly share my Equipment Inventory but I'm not able to transfer the information to this site.

Cappy

The two main concerns where I live are mold/mildew, and rodents. Things to consider when storing material things

Grandpa

Our basement family room was long with shelves in one end. The pool table was not getting used except as a junk collection point. I got rid of the table and built a narrow storage room across the end of the family room. I have a bins for all the gear including a place to hang sleeping bags. I also put hooks in the ceiling to hang wet tents etc. so they can dry thoroughly. When it's time for a trip, I just select the best piece of equipment for the occasion. Its all right there, sorted and ready to go.

Dougdad

archeryaddict
Dry and critter/bug free is what is most important. I like tubs myself but have to make sure everything is 100% dry before you shut them up and stack them. Mold will ruin a good tent in a heartbeat. Always air dry your tent and sleeping bag as thoroughly as possible before packing away. I like your hook idea in the basement Grandpa, if you forget about it or get busy, no big deal..

ppine

Forester
I store mine in a big shed outside the garage that was built to match the house. There is so much stuff for rafts, big canvas tents, and other equipment it is hard to walk around in there.