How Did you find OBC?

deltic

I found it by accident, I did a search for something completely unrelated and this came up in the results, I liked the look of of so I bookmarked it and came back to have a closer look later.

Nate9000

i logged onto myspace... and i spotted a huge outdoorbasecamp.com banner at the top of the page... it looked interesting.. so i clicked it.. lol

2coastcamper

I was actively searching for an outdoors forum. There are many out there, but few of quality. This one stood apart from the rest almost right away. I joined another one the same day, but never went back. This one was just better. The first think I liked is that forum design is pretty similar to another forum I visit often -- a British site that's a fan forum for an EPL team. I also like that it was more than a forum, specifically the articles on the front page.

kernow

Someone I know told me about it, I had a look at it, liked what I saw and from then on I kept coming back.

pathfinders

I was googling sources for weather signs and symbols and this came up. I teach a youth group a wide variety of outdoor and general life skills. This appears to be a great resource. I look forward to accessing material and sharing tips.
JJ

drake

I googled for forums that are related to camping. Outdoor BaseCamp stood up among the rest, and I've learned a lot about camping from this site but still would like to learn more. I've met a lot of professional campers here and made many friends.

javen

Facebook! I saw someone's link on Facebook and it brought me here. Good thing that I'm also an avid fan of outdoor camping activites, perhaps I could learn a lot more from here.

woodzman

I actually found the site while I was on line looking for a new sleeping bag. I stuck around, did some reading and here I am.

enzo

I don't actually remember but I just found OBC while browsing Google for all-around camping survival tips and strategies. The forum is helpful and informative, thanks to you guys!

The Scout

I was looking for a more laid-back camping forum that wasn't dominated by no one certain group of outdoor's people. This place covers more than just gun talk, sales pitching and survivalist bravado, or vegan hippy outings.

So far OBC seems to be a place for the many different kinds of campers to discuss something which they all obviously cherish - The Outdoors and Camping along with everything else associated with such.

jason

fear no beer
I try to keep it friendly. Knock on wood it has been fairly easy so far. When I started getting back to the outdoors I ran into the same problem. I would go to a forum (a general outdoor forum was not as easy to find, so it was usually a topical forum), and it if you where just starting out, you were looked down upon, or if you did not have a certain piece of gear, you were out of the loop.

So it is my goal to make this a place to come if you are a novice or and expert.

northernbushape

The Jeepist
I was looking for a more laid-back camping forum that wasn't dominated by no one certain group of outdoor's people. This place covers more than just gun talk, sales pitching and survivalist bravado, or vegan hippy outings.

So far OBC seems to be a place for the many different kinds of campers to discuss something which they all obviously cherish - The Outdoors and Camping along with everything else associated with such.
Well put. I found this site on Google while searching for the same.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I was looking for the Ontario Trophy Bucks site and this one popped up along with a host of others.

bokz

I saw the link to Outdoorbasecamp from my friend's email which he forwarded to me. Thankfully it was not an advertisement, otherwise I would have ignored it.