Lady hunters

Abbey

Out of curiosity, do we have any women around here who hunt? If so, how did you get started? Personally, I like to GO hunting, but I don't actually participate. I pretty much just tag along and keep quiet, lol. As for the killing part of it, I support hunters and the sport of hunting itself, I just can't bring myself to personally pull the trigger.

HillbillyMama

I been at it since I was a kid. It is just something all the men in my family do and my grandfather was my best friend so it was just natural for me to be a big hunter like him. I hunt every deer season and turkey on occasion too.

looey

I think thats how many ladies get into hunting in the first place. With a family member that is, or even a boyfriend at the time pending they are willing to try. Many ladies are not and I am still shocked sometimes when I see people frown over women in the woods, why cant they?

Ava

I was going to ask to ask the same question Abbey! I would like to learn how to hunt, but don't know any women who don't answer 'oh that's animal cruelty, I couldn't kill a poor innocent animal"!

ODWoman

While I think it's common for women to not be attracted to the idea of killing, I defnitely don't think there is a shortage of women who think otherwise! I personally don't hunt, but I know plenty of women who do, and plenty who play a major role in dressing the kill, as well!