Marinating with beer

Rugged

I always marinate my meat with beer. It really gives it a great flavor and the alcohol cooks out so no worries on getting tipsy. Do you have any other things you marinate with?

4x4

I think this is really a guy thing. I do it too, but with Coors. Everyone loves it but there are always a few who don't like alcoholic beverages as they call them and will mouth you over it.

Sierra

What's the point of using the beer if you can't get a little tipsy?? Haha! Seriously, I do use beer from time to time. I also like to use Italian salad dressing as well as Worcestershire.

Smokeybear

I have never marinated with beer. I usually steam clams with it. Cook a chicken over a can or beer, or make beer battered onion rings.

As far as a marinate--I use Italian dressing, a special honey mixture, teriyaki or bbq sauce.

campgirl

All we do is steam clams with beer too. Oh wait a minute we also make a chicken butt beer (that is our name) when you stuff a beer can inside the whole chicken and grill it on the stove. Very tasty! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

jason

fear no beer
I use beer, rum, whiskey, tequila, and if I buy anything that I do not like I use. I also use root beer. The wife likes to use whiskey and wine.

Rugged

I use beer, rum, whiskey, tequila, and if I buy anything that I do not like I use. I also use root beer. The wife likes to use whiskey and wine.
I hadn't thought to use any real liquor! I have a good bit of rum in the cabinet now. I have a few ribeyes too. That gives me supper! ;)