McRibs

campclose

Anyone like McRibs? I keep hearing that they are back at McDonalds… I’m not a fan! My kids want to go try them – they are rib fans. I keep telling them that they are nothing like real ribs. Tell me I’m not alone in not liking these McRibs!

candycane

I have never tried them, but they do not look appetizing at all. I just don't think a burger joint should delve into ribs. I can't get my mind around it. Don't get me wrong, I know people who LOVE them...just not me. Give me an old fashioned Big Mac any day!

oldsarge

I like them, they remind me of the Jack Steak at Jack-in-the-box. Same sleazy meat patty doused with yummy tasting goo. Really I do like the McRib! Ask for extra BBQ sauce and dip your fires in them.

Theo

eyebp's mentor
The McNasty is okay but nothing remotely like a rib. Of course you don't go to McDonalds for haute cuisine.

Jumper79

McRib equals McMystery meat. They remind me of salisbury steaks that my mom used to make us eat when we were kids. I think they are pretty nasty.

wvbreamfisherman

I love the McRib, myself. The meat's pork- the sauce is actually pretty decent, sweet with a bit of heat, and the condiments compliment it pretty well.

It's not a hand basted, slow cooked rack of ribs, but then it never purported to be.

rockytibby

Never tried them and never will. I very rarely ever eat fast food, I would rather just go to the grocery store and buy something from the deli or apples, gouda cheese and crackers. If I have to go fast food then subway.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I remember McRibs. They were a bunch of pork fat glued together with TVP, smothered in barbeque sauce and nuked in a microwave. The ultimate McNightmare.

SweetiePie

Fisherman, if it makes you feel better to call it pork by all means go ahead. :tinysmile_twink_t2: I can't stand the things myself, but I don't eat at fast food either.

outwest

I am not a McDonalds fan by any means, if I am really hungry and in a hurry I might stop for fries but that is about the only thing I will order from there. If I want ribs I want my mmm babybacks and its not coming from McDonalds thats for sure.

oldsarge

If I have to go fast food then subway.
Haven't eaten there since myself and two others at my work got food poisioning last year. Come to find out there has been a rash of incidents that year at several differnt stores. I loved their products, but now, just have lost the taste for them. Kind of miss them though.

jason

fear no beer
Not my favorite food. In a pinch maybe, but I'm not a fan of fast food in general. I never understood the appeal of the Mc Rib but I see people go crazy over it.

Pathfinder1

I usually don't trek very far,
when all around me McRibs are...!!

Hi...

I remember them from a few years back. Mc is always trying another foremat...competition, you know.

Even though they weren'r real ribs, I did like the taste...and would probably try them again, if offered.

My FAVORITE food...the Big Mac...I no longer eat since I've "discovered" something about their longevity without refrigeration...!!

rockin

I love these answers! I don't care for the McRibs either. Yuk! I'm sure they are real fatty and just plain nasty! There are no bones so how can they be a rib?

Lovefall

Gross! I would not touch them if you paid me. I don't eat at McD's a lot though. I won't take my kids there often either. We usually stick with chicken selects.

EddieK47

Old Yankee
I'm not a health eater by any means but I stay out of fast food places.My arteries are probably plugged enough.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I have a friend who swears by McDonald's. He says whenever he's constipated, he goes there and gets a sack of burgers. A few hours later, he's clean as a newborn.

oldsarge

I have a friend who swears by McDonald's. He says whenever he's constipated, he goes there and gets a sack of burgers. A few hours later, he's clean as a newborn.
He should try White Castle, they don't call them sliders for nothing.