Mount Tamalpais State Park (CA)

NatureLover916

A couple buddies and I had just taken a trip to Lassen Volcanic National Park and we had a blast so we decided to go to Mount Tamalpais for some more hiking fun. We went there on a whim just hoping to hike up to the summit but we didn't really have a planed route or anything. We found a lil parking lot which looked like a good starting point. All we had to go from was a State Park Brochure which had a map that was hard to read. Fortunately for us there were some locals who hike the mountain often who showed up as we were getting ready to set off. They gave us some insight on which trails to take, helping us tremendously. This mountain can be tricky because there are numerous trails but we figured as long as we were going up then we were going in the right direction.

The hike was moderate with some steep sections which added a little challenge. It took us about 2.5 hours to hike to the summit at a slow pace with some stops. Once we reached the top the temperature seemed to drop 10 degrees, maybe more, and it was pretty windy which made it feel even colder. At the summit we sat and ate our lunches while taking in the spectacular views. All-in-all it was a wonderful day hike which provided some beautiful views, great memories and also some sore muscles the next day!

View of Mt. Diablo from the summit

silverskee

OMG that must have been such a hectic experience. Also that tree is quite a interesting shape. I love your pictures. Wish I was there. That view looks amazing! Congrats on reaching the top :)

hope you didn't get much trouble hehe.

freedom

wow what a great view. I want to hike there some day. I hope I can make it that far but lets just wait till I lose some more weight lol. Yeh silver is right that tree does look a bit weird.

Brian

Extraordinary that is the most beautiful view I have ever seen! Thanks for taking such an awesome picture. It is so high. Do you guys know the height of the mountain? 2 hours hike wow nice effort guys. Hope those soar muscles are feeling better soon lol.

Reeses

What I would do just to experience what you did. That looked like an absolute blast in the past. I bet the elevation affected you a great deal. I once went up to Big Bear California to go hiking and it nearly killed me. I had a great workout no doubt but my body hated me for it.

sakthi

You must have enjoyed some great trekking experience of life time.The photo are all beautiful.The location are awesome, which is the place.I like it very much.Thank you for posting it here.I will also post my best experience.