Paintballing

Ava

I know paintballing isn't exactly like hunting but I think it gives a person good hunting skills. I go a couple of times a year paintballing so I can get some practice skills in for when we go for our big hunting trip at the end of the year. Anyone agree with me?

greengrass

I have never been but before my husband and I got married he went every weekend. He even broke his ankle while trying to run away from someone shooting at him! lol In fact I think that was the last time he ever played.

Katydid

I have a friend who loves paintball. He usually comes away from it with bruises in various places, but keeps going when he has the chance.

I think playing this sport might help you as far as target practice, but I don't think it's really the same type of situation psychologically. Most of the hunters I know sit up in stands and aren't too afraid of being shot from behind when they're not looking.:tinysmile_tongue_t:

ODWoman

It definitely challenges you in terms of accuracy; the guns that are issued by most paintball arenas are definitely not meant for sniper attacks, lol. I can see your point, but hunting skills isn't the reason I used to go paintballing.

jason

fear no beer
I've never been paint balling. But I could see it using some skills in hunting for paint balling, but I am not sure how much hunting skills would improve from playing. But I am also no hunter yet.

4x4

It is great! HUMAN HUNTING. No not really but kind of very much like it. :) It is good target practice I guess. Somewhat challenging too.