Pork Chops and Pears

Paige

I got a new Dutch Oven at the Lodge Cast Iron cookware store and this recipe was in it. We just tried it at home and it is soooooooo good!! My boyfriend loves pork chops anyway so I decided to try out the new dutch oven and see if it worked as well as it looks-it did! I love it!

Here's the recipe from the leaflet in the dutch oven:

"Pork Chop and Pears

Any fruit complements pork. This is a pleasant variation.

Ingredients

4 pork chops, ¾ inch thick
1 cup milk
Coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
Salt, to taste
Cholula hot sauce, to taste
½ cup olive oil
½ cup whole wheat flour
½ cup wheat germ
1 cup chopped onion
1 fresh jalapeno or Serrano pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon flour
2 large pears, sliced rounds
Sauce- ½ cup milk, ½ cup white wine, ½ cup water

Preparation Directions

1. Soak pork chops in 1 cup of milk for 15 minutes. Season chops with salt, pepper and hot sauce.

2. Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet. Combine wheat flour and germ; coat chops in flour mixture. Brown chops and remove from skillet.

3. Add onions and peppers to skillet and sauté. Add a little more oil if needed. Add garlic, 1 tablespoon flour and brown.

4. Gradually add sauce mixture, stirring as it thickens. Place pork chops back in skillet, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.

5. Add sliced pears 10 minutes before serving. Serve over steaming hot brown rice.

Excerpted From BBB, Biscuits & Beans by Bill Cauble and Cliff Teinart – bright sky press"

If you like pork, try this recipe out, you'll really like it!

Walking Man

I may try it at home but I think it sounds too complicated for camping. I'm not much on cooking when I'm out and about. I'd rather throw a potato or two in the fire, fry and egg or two and take off. I love pork chops though so I'm going to have to try it at home!

Abbey

My husband is a pork chop junkie so I am definitely going to try this. It sounds great! I love to surprise him when I come across a new pork chop recipe.