Rafting in NE Oregon

ppine

Forester
Just returned from the wilds of the Wallowa and Blue Mountains. In one day we saw a herd of elk in the river, bighorn sheep on the cliffs, a mule deer doe nursing a fawn, several bald eagles, a river otter and a mink. We were in a canyon the whole time. It was wonderful, a great way to spend a 65th birthday. I baked a cake on the fifth night. We taught the new guys how to row. Pictures to follow. Happy summer everyone.

Grandpa

Beautiful country Ppine. We came through LaGrande Sunday. From Baker, we went over to Oxbow and down to the Hells Canyon Dam. Was hoping to show the ladies some goats and sheep but either they were sheltered up or my eye sight is getting bad. The Eagle Caps are on my bucket list. My oldest brother was a Ranger stationed in Enterprise many years ago. He has told me of some nice hi country trails. Some day ...........

ppine

Forester
My view of the world has improved by spending time in the canyon. It is easier to set priorities now. Today we head for a boat ride on Lake Tahoe. The forest, the bunch grasses and the critters are traveling with me.