Safari Packing

Northern Dancer

Someone asked me how long did it take me to pack for a lengthy camp/canoe trip. First I need to say most of my trips into the interior start with a basecamp. So I tend to treat myself well.

What I do is to pack long before the event by using prescribed boxes. Everything I need will be there and transporting the same becomes more manageable. I have one for dishes, kitchen, fuels needed, crates for food, and clothing, etc. I have a full inventory of all the equipment I have and simply select what I want to use. Each piece of equipment has a designated place in the van so I don't spend endless time figuring out where things are to go.

When I get home everything is washed and cleaned and promptly stored for the next excursion.

Going into the interior is a whole different ball game and requires a different kind of preparation and organization.

2855 2856

Dishes, Cups, etc., Kitchen Equipment and Fuel Box Kitchen Equipment with a list of inventory

Roybrew

Man you sure got some fancy storage boxes. They even got a list of the goodies, that are stored in them, attached on the front. Awesome organizing.

Northern Dancer

Oh not to mention your personal insignia on them.
-----> All scrap wood put together during the winter storms.

...hope you are doing better than best "Roybrew". This present situation is still causing havoc and we are sure hoping that we are not going to get wallopped as we phase-in the freedom of movement. But in the meantime, some of my clients have been calling me Brother Zorro because we have been prescribed black masks. You put that on with your shield and it looks rather daunting.

Northern Dancer

...Hi, "ppine"!

Basecamp is my stationary camp - I ain't goin nowhere.

The Interior is tripping - pack and paddle. If it doesn't fit in the pack it's not leaving shore. However, I do confess that I've been adding luxury stuff - like my compact chair and ultra-modern sleeping pad and bag.