State seeks camping ban on Willamette River banks and islands through Eugene

jason

fear no beer
State officials are seeking to ban overnight recreational use and camping on the more than dozen small islands that dot the Willamette River through Eugene.
The State Land Board on Tuesday authorized the Department of State Lands to begin the process to impose the ban. The department’s director, Vicki Walker, a Eugene resident and former state senator, said she’d authorize an emergency nighttime closure starting May 15 while the rulemaking is underway.

Full Story

Grandpa

I haven't been to those islands but I'm willing to bet, that close to a population center, they are a toilet paper mess unless there are toilet facilities.

Cappy

If I were to guess I figure folks bring this on their selves by abusing the land. When I usta do lots of canoeing you would never know i camped there. Something tells me that aint the case.

Roybrew

Glad I opened the link. I was waiting for someone else to open before I did. That was very interesting. I wonder if anyone on here, that is here in the states, ever been in that part of the world? Looks like they have a little of everything.

ppine

Forester
I did a canoe trip on the Willamette from Eugene to Albany around 65 miles.
If they have a problem they need to add some latrines.