The Shoot The Bull Thread

Cappy

Ole baws round here claims it cures body bugs jock itch athletes foot lice etc etc. I been putting a cup of clorox in a hot bath since I was a kid also this time of year I quit wearing underwear and go commando. not corona related neva thought it but if it is on it bleach would kill it

Northern Dancer

...I can actually visualize the scene as you describe "Cappy". It feels great, doesn't it?

As for me - I love to be in the silky smooth waters of a Red Pine Lake in the middle of the afternoon on a clear sunny summer day. And after a refreshing swim have a simple supper of mashed potatoes made with whole milk and butter with a tad of herbs, peaches and cream-style corn, freshly caught lake trout dressed in Rocky Maden's fish crisp batter and a tall glass of mazel tov wine. Ya...I can see that too!

jason

fear no beer
It has been a while for me, so forgive me if I missed anything.

Canoe is looking great. Never built one like that so I have no advice to give. Almost built one with my brother out of plywood however. One of the many "useless" projects we have done or talked about. We did build one of those "hovercrafts" out of plywood plastic and a blower.

Never heard of a bleach bath. I have taken some with Epsom salt. Lately I have been walking on average 28k steps according to my phone. Seems like walking on that cement floor is worse then the soft sand most of the trails around here are made of. So my feet are a bit more tender then normal. Along with keeping up with my boss who I have nicknamed the flash. And to think people thought I walked fast.

I love that lake picture. Looks like something I could fall asleep on. It may be strange but I prefer fresh water with another person however. Between gators and snakes I feel more at risk then on the Gulf.

On a completely unrelated note, wife called me at work to say our son got attacked by a wasp. She gave him an epipen and was doing ok. I got home and check on him and seems good. Relaxing watching some TV. So I had some Backyard Cutter I have been meaning to spray so I soaked the playset and surrounding area with it. I normally check this time of year once a week. People laugh when they see I go through about 5 cans of wasp spray a year. But sadly they haven't been on sale this year so I am running low. Got to step up the game on the spray. Also got some weed killer down since we couldn't let the dogs out anyway.

Droopy is getting big too. That dog is always hungry. I've been trying to work with him when I can about taking food out of peoples hands. One of our other dogs Emma is not doing well. 12 years old, and doctor thinks not only does she have heart problems but a possible blood clot. Even worse every once in a while she seems to have dementia.

What free time I have had anymore seems to be working in the "farm". I expanded the livestock section, tilling up the garden, planting plants, etc... Blueberries are doing great. I am a bit late on veggies, but I am getting them in as soon as I can. Got some posts scheduled on our facebook page, hopefully I can get some more done this week as we ran out this current week. So make sure to check us out there.

Tomorrow I head to Costco with our rebate check from them. I'm dreading that, I'm tired of dealing with people. Also have a 10% off Tractor Supply coupon to use and we need dog food and some other little things so that may be on the list.

I hope everyone is doing well. and looking forward to hearing from you all.

Northern Dancer

...I really enjoyed reading your post "jason"; great descriptive paragraphs - like painting a picture so one can see.

The areas that I canoe/camp is freshwater. There are no gators or poisonous snakes and the only pain in the butt on occasion is the onslaught of mosquitos after a muggy day rain. Most of the biting bugs [black flys, deer flys, mosquitos, and the like] are just about gone by mid-June. The soft water temperature range in the afternoon with the sun is between 65 and 78 degrees on the surface. I think you would like it.

I always taught my dogs not to receive food from another hand other than my own. It's just a preference on my part. They were trained to receive food from my left hand. Since most people are right-handed it went a long way to stop random treats.

"Almost heaven...West Virginia...err...make that Red Pine."

Northern Dancer

...it's looking amazing - the design is exquisite. Yah - when it comes to commissioning it you are going have to use a bottle of champagne. I really like the design "Roybrew". How many hours do you think you have put into the project?

Roybrew

Thanks for compliment Dancer. Got the stripping done today. Ended up with a little, toothpick size, strip in the middle. Wasn't to happy about the fit, but figure when glue dries, and I sand it a little, it should look good. Couldn't tell how many hours I've spent on it. Started cutting my strips and preliminary stuff in early January. I tried to keep it as a hobby, and not to let it consume all my time.

Roybrew

Thanks Y'all. Had to take a break from my canoe building and do some yard work. Setup a spot for our beans beside our small lettuce patch. We using an old dog kennel that we had in the basement for the beans to climb on.
Thought it was a good idea. I finally made a box to cover the ugly heat and air lines that run up the wall to inside unit. Squirted some foam stuff into bottom so bugs and stuff wouldn't try to live in it. Started mowing the yard this evening, and broke the handle on lawn mower aarrgh[emoji45]

I just want to go camping!

Roybrew

Finished scraping the glue off, along with shaving some humps down, this morning. My says she is worry I am making the wood to thin with all the scraping and sanding, [emoji848]I don't so?
worked on it till about 11am then grabbed the walking sticks, back pack, and went hiking at a local park. The water was really running hard down the creek that the trail follows.
hiked up the trail further than we normally do, and found a few more cabins. This must've been a thriving community back in the 30s or 40s. We hiked about 5 hours today. Not hard just at a leisurely pace, and we did stop alot. We had a great time and the weather was awesome. Pulled canoe out to sand on till about sunset. Built a fire ring in front yard, and enjoying the evening.

Roybrew

Infact, me hungry. Going to burn some meat! Pitiful ain't it? Oh that's some fresh Rosemary on top. Yum

Good night and hope you all well.

Northern Dancer

Finished scraping the glue off, along with shaving some humps down, this morning. My says she is worry I am making the wood to thin with all the scraping and sanding, [emoji848]I don't so?
worked on it till about 11am then grabbed the walking sticks, back pack, and went hiking at a local park. The water was really running hard down the creek that the trail follows.
hiked up the trail further than we normally do, and found a few more cabins. This must've been a thriving community back in the 30s or 40s. We hiked about 5 hours today. Not hard just at a leisurely pace, and we did stop alot. We had a great time and the weather was awesome. Pulled canoe out to sand on till about sunset. Built a fire ring in front yard, and enjoying the evening.
EXCELLENT! all around. Great stuff Roybrew.

Roybrew

Thanks Dancer. I had to resort to putting burger on piece of aluminum foil before me burger slip thru and end up in [emoji91].
Cheap frozen cow parts[emoji19]. I better get off here and hush, I feel good tonight. Oh wifey sent me the money shot!

jason

fear no beer
That canoe is looking good. Love that creek too. Nothing like that round here.

Nothing much been going on here. Still working on yard work and poultry area. Found out I can get all the extra time at HD I want, so I've been putting in an hour or two extra when I can. My mower broke Saturday after work, so waiting to see what they find out. Thinking I might start working with the kids again on their endurance on the bicycle so we can do some trail riding soon and I get the wife a break.

Roybrew

Thanks Jason. You can always fence in yard and get a pony. The kids would love that, and think of the benefits. No need for a lawn mower, plenty of natural fertilizer and it would keep the kids busy. My mentioned doing that, ha I'd get home in the morning and have a pony along with 2 cats in the bed.
She'd do too. Oh here's an idea, the pony can carry the camping stuff and maybe one of the kids. See there are benefits to the idea.

Was a little cool the other day, and spent some time sanding the hull
I just ordered the fiberglass, resin and stuff. Maybe glass it the first week of June. Wife got a birthday coming up, so going to build her a display cabinet.

Roybrew

The weather has been hovering around 50's and 60's for weeks untill yesterday. Now it was 80 degrees today and will be for the foreseeable future. Summer is upon us. I hope all here are well.

Roybrew

I hope every one here is doing well. Sitting by fire burning hotdogs
it's a since sunset. Like to be sitting by a lake or cool mountain stream. You all take care.

Roybrew

Glassing canoe today. Pulling my hair out with some issues with it, but some people on a canoe forum are more then helpful.

I hope you all are well.
Roy