The Shoot The Bull Thread

Cappy

Our recent simular score was a 6 ft tall armoire The bottom is a double dresser and the top makes a great hidden spot for a tv. We found it in the local trader and got it for 125$

Grandpa

The fun a person can have just seeing what you can squeeze in a vehicle.
Now that sounds like an old college prank called a fire drill. Pack as many idiot kids into a car, pull up to a red light, everyone jump out and run around the car to another door, pile back in and drive away.

Cappy

Ahhhh yes i remember the fire drills well grandpa small town fun!!
alos the 2$ a car load drive in movie specials We would park across the street and all cram into the biggest car trunk and all and go to the drive in and park by the bleachers lots of fun.

Grandpa

Cousin had a big nash, not the rambler. Back seat center section opened allowing access to and from trunk. Great for adding 5 or 6 friends at the drive in movie or to access frosty beverages when underage.

Cappy

A front came through and dropped the humidity all the way to 55% and the temp stayed in the high 80's may not sound like a break to you guys but it felt much nicer and i got the whole yard mowed in 1 day in hte heat of the summer its been taking me 2 days but the lil cooler and lots drier made it fairly easy to get er done. bought a big bag of cheap charcoal gonna burn ma ole pit tomorrow to clean the grill and some of the baked on stuff from the pit get it hot enough to burn that off and it will be ready for fall q season next front look out it's be fall play time.

Cappy

Fought a problem with our camper all day lights dim. Checked the battery full charge but no amperage out put so went get a new deep cycle battery. hooked it up no change put the charger on it no change went to pullin fuses and looking started at the fuse box then under the bunk to follow the no power all the way to out the camper took dang near all day battery hot but not in the camper finally in frustration I noticed a fuse holder inline with the battery under the hitch rails. tried to pull it it came apart all corroded. Got pissed replaced fuse with a wire nut. There is another fuse and a breaker in the camper. FINALLY that was it. didn't even know the fuse was there it was hidden outa sight under the hitch rale sadly I wish I woulda started at the battery instead of in the camper woulda found it lots faster but oh well makes this beer taste better knowing I fixed it myself.
:beer3:

MacGyver

Yep - we had the same drop in humidity... the nights got almost cool and all I could think was CAMPING! But whaddya know? Temps and humidity are going back up this week to almost 100° with thunderstorms off and on predicted for next weekend.

Sick of Summer! Come on, Fall!

Cappy

Same here Mac humidity and heat back again. But I am still getting ready for the fall got some cheap charcoal and burned my ole bbq pit to clean it, and get it ready for fall and eagerly anticipating the next dry spell

MacGyver

I've spent WAY too much money on new gear for the next trip - which definitely won't be during this weather. Been staring at my list for over a month, adding gear, taking stuff out, rearranging the Pelican cases... I just wanna GO already!

Roybrew

I'm dieing to get out also. A few day hikes just doesn't cut it. I was digging through my camping stuff yesterday. My nephew is going to be home on leave next month, and he said he's wanting to do an over night trip down the river. Even 1 night is giving me something to look forward to.

Cappy

it's raining almost every day the garden loves it but me not so much. The plan for the next few days is inventory. I am gonna pull the totes from under our lil camper and kinda sort through them and inspired by you guys make a list of stuff in our journal. I also plan to list the stuff in the catch all drawer under the bench. I aint a lister per say but the wife is so maybe she can keep up with it. I think there are 4 big totes under the camper all partially full of gear that needs sorting through.. I can pull them one at a time and sort them under the patio even if it rains.

Roybrew

I hate going through the catch all, junk drawers. We stopped at a Winnebago dealer last Saturday and looked at some of them. She wants to go camping, but she don't want to sleep in a tent. Them things sure are nice.

Any how, got a hankering to hit the river in the morning for a little fishing, to hot to fight the current, so I mounted my outboard motor bracket on the canoe, and got my little ole 2hp Johnson gased up. I ain't run it in maybe 2 years. 3rd pull and it fired right up. Sounded good.

Roybrew

Nah. That didn't go over to good. River was up and moving pretty good. Motor started flooding right off. Carb and float valve is going to have to be cleaned. Off the water by 9 this morning. Getting hot already. I could paddle up stream but I drift back to quick, and just not enough time to fish. Oh well, home and in bed.

Cappy

It's like that sometimes man I have had simular and much worse trips but thats all part of it. When guys get to talking tey tell more bad fishing stories than good so think of it as making stories.

MacGyver

I won't mess with gas motors. Went to a 24 volt MinnKota and I love it!
Pushes my Scanoe along just fine. This is on the Potomac River just above the mouth of the Monocacy in Montgomery County, Maryland.

Cappy

Man 4 th rainy day in a row. Got a pot of beans on the stove and put up 4 pints of pickled peppers. Got out a jar we made a month ago to go with the beans not sure how hot it will be but lookforwards to finding out.

Roybrew

Hotter outside now then the past two months. It's been that way all week. I got the carb kit in the mail today for that little 2hp johnson. Replaced a couple of gaskets, needle valve seals, float and it's needle valve. Not much to that little thing, I could've done the whole job with my pocket multi tool. Got one skeeter bite on my foot, now's the worse time of the year for skeeters around here. Got cleaned up and came to work. Overtime time day. Got maybe 2 hours of work and that's it, and it was a forced OT day. They must love giving away money.

Cappy

Well summer is going down hard we done broke 3 records in a row and its predicted to break a few more and with the humidity from all the rain we been having its horrible out. I got the front yard cut yesterday but it was all I could do. That and picking the okra and long beans from our summer garden and a small pan of peppers done me in.